Stray Fawn Community

What’s your favourite island type?

What is your favourite island type? Mine is Archipelago, because I love the way you can create different cultures on different islands, and have different types of nichelings. I have an island for winged nichelings, one for Derp snouted creatures, one for bearyena hybrids, etc. I love how you can essentially have multiple games in one huge island type, and how there is so much space for underwater creatures.

What do you think? 

• Like 2

I had an all yellow island, an all female island, cookie/banana yoghurt island and the decedants of Cremesi island. Archipelago, whale island and snow mountain islands are my favourite

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My all time favourite has to be the Deep Jungle, since my favourite tribe originally kept travelling from jungle island to jungle island. The Deep Jungle is just so big and so full of life, and it is easy enough to survive in if you came prepared. So jungle islands are definitely my favourite, but some others that I like are Whale Island, Deadly Hills, Grass Mingle and Home Island.

• Like 3

I think the mountains or something like Grass Adventure, Grass Mingle oh and the Oasis. I just love the way you can specialze on fishing and cracking nuts in the Oasis and especially in the first few days/ generations it is really exiting to try to survive.

The mountains are just cool in general. I love snow and the walrus deer are cool and just the mountains are awesome :D

And Grass Mingle/ Adventure that have very good role playing potential

• Like 3

On 7/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, Jojo said:

I think the mountains or something like Grass Adventure, Grass Mingle oh and the Oasis. I just love the way you can specialze on fishing and cracking nuts in the Oasis and especially in the first few days/ generations it is really exiting to try to survive.

The mountains are just cool in general. I love snow and the walrus deer are cool and just the mountains are awesome :D

And Grass Mingle/ Adventure that have very good role playing potential

I do quite like the snowy areas too- I like the prehistoric genes!

• Like 2

I really like being in the savanna, because it provides a challenge that is difficult without becoming tedious.

I also love Whale Island because I can go anywhere I want, though I think it's a little OP because I encountered it in Story Mode once and went straight to Crossing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 1:05 AM, PopsicleNinja said:

I really like being in the savanna, because it provides a challenge that is difficult without becoming tedious.

I also love Whale Island because I can go anywhere I want, though I think it's a little OP because I encountered it in Story Mode once and went straight to Crossing.

You had access to crossing? Whale island gives me a bug every time in story mode -- without fail -- that results in ports to harder islands being unable to spawn. I can't travel to harder islands, either, via Whale island.

I'd have to test if this is still the case and report the bug sometime, so your input would be really helpful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomWanderer said:

You had access to crossing? Whale island gives me a bug every time in story mode -- without fail -- that results in ports to harder islands being unable to spawn. I can't travel to harder islands, either, via Whale island.

I'd have to test if this is still the case and report the bug sometime, so your input would be really helpful.

That might not be a bug but the game locking all the islands that you didn't discover previously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandomWanderer said:

It's not a bug. You're not supposed to get to harder islands from whale island in story mode

• Like 2

On 8/4/2018 at 4:31 PM, Lilytuft said:

It's not a bug. You're not supposed to get to harder islands from whale island in story mode

No, I meant that after I left whale island in story mode, no ports of higher difficulty showed up in the game. There was no northern port from there on, nowhere. Nowhere, as in, I traveled to all of the limited available islands nowhere. 

I'd have to check if this bug is still in the game, though. The difficulty of whale island was moved, so it shouldn't be a problem? Still confuses me how they got to crossing, that can usually only be done in Sandbox mode or after being on crossing once, but why mention it then? See, it's clear contradiction.

Anyway, this wouldn't have gotten me riled up, but the same thing happened with my first tribe. Hope I won't see it again.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 4:30 PM, Jojo said:

That might not be a bug but the game locking all the islands that you didn't discover previously.

That much is obvious, but it locked me from discovering new islands after leaving the island. That's the issue. What happened after leaving Whale island, not the port choice on Whale island.

Assuming that this isn't too common (I have found others with the same issue) and the island was moved in tier, it might just be fixed. Or some games are cursed. I remember downloading the add- ons for dragon age and item names and voices were missing. At least I could fix that by myself.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

That much is obvious, but it locked me from discovering new islands after leaving the island. That's the issue. What happened after leaving Whale island, not the port choice on Whale island.

Assuming that this isn't too common (I have found others with the same issue) and the island was moved in tier, it might just be fixed. Or some games are cursed. I remember downloading the add- ons for dragon age and item names and voices were missing. At least I could fix that by myself.

I don't see how that is connected to whale island though? Or do you mean you only found whale island ports? From your first post it 'just' sounded like you were stuck in an island loop (which was previously 'cured' by going left and then up at the next opportunity (might not work anymore)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jojo said:

I don't see how that is connected to whale island though? Or do you mean you only found whale island ports? From your first post it 'just' sounded like you were stuck in an island loop (which was previously 'cured' by going left and then up at the next opportunity (might not work anymore)

I didn't think so at first either, so I started multiple lines, all that went to Whale Island encountered the same issue. No northern ports after leaving whale island. I am not sure how to describe it otherwise. 

The loop could be broken by one, but not by others. In either case, it wasted a lot of time. Traveling 18 - 27 times from island to island is... well. 

The one line that did break it, I don't know. There was no difference in strategy I could observe. Just suddendly, a northern port appeared. 

I haven't played story mode for some time now. When I have the time and energy, I'll see if it is still there and document it more closely, island for island. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

I didn't think so at first either, so I started multiple lines, all that went to Whale Island encountered the same issue. No northern ports after leaving whale island. I am not sure how to describe it otherwise. 

The loop could be broken by one, but not by others. In either case, it wasted a lot of time. Traveling 18 - 27 times from island to island is... well. 

The one line that did break it, I don't know. There was no difference in strategy I could observe. Just suddendly, a northern port appeared. 

I haven't played story mode for some time now. When I have the time and energy, I'll see if it is still there and document it more closely, island for island. 

Interesting. It might indeed be tied to Whale Island but it is hard to say without being sure if the same issue persists in your game without going to whale island. I (luckily) never had the loop issue but I never pursued Story Mode enough to go that far more than once.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

My favorite islands types would be the swamps.But favorite islands in general are whale island and Home island,specially Home Island because of the rival tribe/Adams family,feels more natural and realistic with competition of your same species

Edited by Condorflight
  • Like 4

Honestly love the whale island-- it allows for experimentation with genes due to the endless food it provides (if you don't want to use console) and you can have so many creatures! Plus I just love the layout of the island. It's also very pretty!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

Honestly love the whale island-- it allows for experimentation with genes due to the endless food it provides (if you don't want to use console) and you can have so many creatures! Plus I just love the layout of the island. It's also very pretty!

I love Whale Island too...First time I went I nearly starved but got back on track. The other times I went, I have been very lucky and successful. I love the abundance of bearyenas that provide some challenge. Not so much the rogues...

my favorite islands are Grass Mingle and grass adventure, oasis, and whale island. I probably would like the snow islands too (I’m about to go there prepared for the first time!) I like archipelago as well, I just wish the islands were more varied each time instead of the exact same shape.

• Like 3