Stray Fawn Community

Am I the only one who loves the jungle?

seahorsepie

I have a tribe that has survived for over 1500 days now, and the plan for when I created them was to send them to the jungle. They had spent a whole load of time in jungle islands, and i've learned to love that type of biome. It's easy enough to keep them alive if you know what you're doing. At one point, I was fed up with hiding from the apes and my creatures were going to be the ones to rule the jungle. I bred some really strong creatures to sit under each ape spawning tree and destroy each ape that dared to step foot on the jungle floor. I soon noticed that once you kill two apes, it seems to take a little longer for another to spawn. While my warrior families are waiting for their ape, they go around destroying carnivorous plants for our collectors so there's a chance they'll go back green. I often see people complaining about the jungle, and i'm very surprised about that.

• Like 2

Nah, I’m totally with you @seahorsepie. I’ve had my fair struggles against the apes, but now I really enjoy taking them down. I also love the jungle for my life purposes as well. With all of the things to keep track of and wildlife, there’s tons of things that can happen and make for great stories.

• Like 1

Here is the reason why I don't like the jungle: once you have adapted to the apes nothing else ever happens. If you know what you are doing it is boring (yes in a way that is the same with every island but I feel that very strongly with the jungle) because the apes don't bother you anymore, the bearyenas (if there are any) don't really bother you and if you have breed really strong creatures again nothing really is a danger to your creatures anymore. In my opinion nothing surprises you. You don't even have bunnies or something on the pure jungle islands. Just stinky fruits, carnivurours plants and apes.

In the mountains for example there is always the challenge of hunting walrus deer and they move when you move so that's pretty cool. You have winters which can be hard because of the lack of food and the snow not to mention the cold, balance bears and for me they strike the perfect balance between to strong (apes) and to weak (bearyena). You have bunnies all over the place and depending on the island moles. I just need a lot of variety in my islands and I feel like the jungle doesn't give that, though I admit it looks cool :)

I mean I hate the jungle but I don't really want to hate on the jungle if that makes any sense XD

• Like 3

I absolutely love the jungle, but I hope it gets more fauna, so far it only has apes and nichelings, it has plenty of empty ecological niches any creature could fill. I also love the apes and like to think of them as guardians and protectors. If you feel like a threat, they will get rid of you, but if you have the genes that let you fit in the jungle, they let you be and even protect you.

• Like 3

On 7/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, thivid08 said:

I absolutely love the jungle, but I hope it gets more fauna, so far it only has apes and nichelings, it has plenty of empty ecological niches any creature could fill.

The "ecological niches" I see are:

An animal that picks the stinky fruit

A stealthy, somewhat scentless predator that requires good senses to detect

A diurnal ground predator that hunts bunnies and baby nichelings

• 6 months later...

I actually adore the jungle, with the right genes (which are fairly easy to get) living amongst the apes is really fun. I always love it when my nichelings are walking around and I find an ape, and it cant see the nicheling because camouflage but it just looks like the ape is friends with the nicheling. also it looks great and the music is one of the best in the soundtrack