Stray Fawn Community

Split screen option for camera?

Marker Mage

Suggestion: Ability to use camera trackers for split screen

Reasoning: One of the interesting ideas I've had while drone designing is the realization that there is nothing stopping me from having a friend help control my drone. I could very well let my friend handle navigating the drone with a USB controller while I handle the weapons with a mouse and keyboard. I could even just make a drone that decouples into two drones, one controlled by me and the other by my friend. And then I realized I would need a way to make sure that me and my friend could see both of our decoupled parts of the drone at the same time.

And I guess other people might find it useful for multitasking between multiple decoupled drone sections.

• Like 1

3 replies to this post

That's  a really good suggestion :) I'm not sure how easy it is to implement, because some logic assumes there is only one camera (e.g. Audio) and I'm not sure how taxing it would be for the rendering, when we have two cameras :) 

But I really like the idea that two people would theoretically be able to play at the same time via split-screen :) just prepare a 21:9 screen beforehand ;) 

I'm sure that once you manage to get the screen split in two, someone will want you to split it into four.

Even if you can't make it happen, I suppose I can just keep them connected with a spring to prevent them getting too far away from one another. I also suppose that being able to zoom the camera out could work too. Just gotta be able to keep them both on screen.

• Like 1

You can already do that to a certain degree. You can use the Camera-Block on two detachable drones you build yourself, and then control each one separately. The camera will zoom out (to a maximal distance I think) and this way you can play with two players on one computer. Not sure how good it is to use gamepads, as we didn't optimize for those, but theoretically it is already possible :)