Stray Fawn Community

Gene screen

Niche fan

I get that blind is a gene but not why you would want it as a trait that can be passed on by choice. Who would choose the blind or x fertility gene and why?

Also, are you planning on making eye color genes locked until you invite an animal with that gene to the tribe? Don't have to just curious. 

Take care,

Edited by Niche fan
spelling

Blind eyes:

-storytelling

-challenges

-blind albino nichelings are the coolest

Low fertility:

-limiting tribesize

-challenges

• Like 3

Some people like the buff blind eyes give to other senses, also the 'negative' genes can be really interesting for challenge purposes :D

I don't think the devs plan on locking the eye colours, in earlier versions the fur colours were locked and you had to mutate them step by step onto your creatures (black fur was the only one unlocked and it would then unlock brown fur once you had successfully mutated it and so on and so forth) but the eye colours were always unlocke, I also don't see the purpose :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 6:13 AM, Niche fan said:

I get that blind is a gene but not why you would want it as a trait that can be passed on by choice. Who would choose the blind or x fertility gene and why?

Also, are you planning on making eye color genes locked until you invite an animal with that gene to the tribe? Don't have to just curious. 

Take care,

There is no one better at finding food sources than a nicheling with three smelling and blind eyes. That's 5 smelling in total, I believe. Really op at scouting with a second animal.

• Like 1