Stray Fawn Community

Various Ideas

Marker Mage

Let's see if I can exhaust my ideas for awhile.

1. Weapon Techtree Upgrades
    1. Laser Upgrade: Orbital Beam: Increases range, damage, and energy usage depending on its altitude. Higher up it is, the farther it goes and the harder it hits. I mostly want to use this to make an attack satellite on a planet with the death star laser transmitter and fly around the surface with a smaller drone section. Just click somewhere and a big laser from off-screen starts burning through the enemy.
    2. Fight Fire With Fire: Damage increases while weapon is receiving damage of the same element type or while under the effect caused by that element type. Plasma weapons do more damage when on fire, cryo weapons when frozen, and the others when being pelted with their respective type. Maybe have it get the boost for a short while after being hit
    3. Friendly Fire: Hits your own drone parts as well as enemies. I'm thinking it could see some use with a -100% damage upgrade on a plasma or cryo weapon to make an alternative to heaters and coolers. I admittedly don't know if your drone's own plasma and cryo weapon shots heat or cool its parts while travelling through them in the closed alpha or not, but this should be able to cover for that possibility. Would be interesting to see a cryo flamethrower used as a fire extinguisher. Maybe have a detachable line of them that fires in one direction while a drone piece flies over. EDIT: I made a separate topic for this.
  2. Batteries
    1. Solar Panels Need Altitude: OK, so some of us think that solar panels are the only battery worth using. Maybe that can be dealt with by having their recharge speed based on altitude?
    2. More Situational Batteries: How about a thermal generator that works like the solar panel, but only gets its full recharge speed when hot? Dip it into lava for a quick recharge. Maybe have one that works with cold instead. Maybe have a wind-powered one that works with strong winds or when the battery's movement is fighting air resistance. And I just realized that someone is bound to try using the thermal generator and a heater to transfer energy or maybe even a... plasma weapon... And that gives me another idea.
    3. Nothing Stopping These From Being Used For A Battery Workshop Techtree: I can already imagine a drone using batteries with more storage capacity and a higher recharge dependent on altitude in a rush to escape a fight in underground tunnels so that it can take to the air and replenish its strength before either going back down or luring the enemies up to where it is.
  3. Energy/Fuel/Resource Sensor: A sensor that detects how much energy/fuel/resources the drone or drone section has and gives an output when it is greater than or below a particular amount. Maybe these could even be built into the the individual batteries, fuel tanks, and resource tanks instead. It'd be nice to have certain parts auto-shut down when they start being too costly and then start back up again once you have the energy to spare for them. Also, being able to have an autonomous resource collection drone know when its full or empty is going to be a useful feature.
  4. Electrical Elemental Weapons: Can recharge batteries or even overload them, causing them (and everything powered by them) to temporarily cease functioning. Give it a -100% damage upgrade and... *goes back up and adds another suggestion* FRIENDLY FIRE and it becomes a great way to transfer energy between decoupled drone pieces. Or you can just fire it at enemies to disable their ability to shoot at you. They'd still be able to fly around and ram into you just fine though. This will probably be useful for if you ever decide to let planets have thunderstorms.
    1. Of Course There'd Have To Be Special Batteries: Maybe a battery that only recharges when hit with an electrical weapon, but it is harder to overload.
    2. Emergency Backup Batteries: Maybe have it be possible to have a battery turned off and that'll keep it from being affected by electrical weapons until it's turned on, but until it's turned on, it's useless.
  5. Organic Option For Basic Parts: And this is where my imagination seems to be hitting its limit for now. I was thinking of those blocks that now come in heat and cold resistant flavors, but this one looks a bit like terrain or possibly hive material, has less HP, and heals when hit by bio ammo.
Edited by Marker Mage
Added link to related post
  • Like 5

3 replies to this post

I must admit some of these are pretty great while others are meh, 

1) Orbital Lasers

Yes please! It might need to be balanced to be more fun than practical but oh boy would it be fun, Sllthough it has to really expensive.

2) Fight fire with fire

thus one is dumb, real dumb it sounds easy to exploit and makes almost no sense.

3)Freindly fire 

This is a bad Idea the core in the demo and previous versions worked this way and it was annoying! It sounds pointless and very exploitable. 2/10 points for creativity.

4) Solar panels Need altitude 

eh, I must admit it make a little sense. I agree that solar panels must be nerfed though, but this isn’t the way to do it.

5) More situational batteries

I love this suggestion, And all of the ideas that come with it. Especially the turbine idea.

6) Battery tech tree

yeah there is somthing stripping it, it’s very time consuming make one of those, also it doesn’t make much sense.

7) Energy fuel sensor

this has been said many times before, but I still like it!

8)Eletricsl element weapons

no that’s really stupid

9)