Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community
  • 57

More Underwater Features


Basil
 Share

Suggestion

Unsure if this has been mentioned yet, but I would like to put in my ideas of what could possibly be added to the underwater world.

 

The Underwater World is super barren right now, only being able to find seaweed, clams, rocks, fish, worms, and leeches. 

I have a few ideas of things that could be added to make this world much more lively.

 

ISLANDS

Basically, there'd be islands with a ton more water and lots more places to swim compared to your average big island. The island would be small, maybe the size of tiny green, while the rest of the island would be places that can be swam through by Nichelings. Take the grass mingle island for example, cut that to the size of tiny green but leave all that extra island space to the water. Picture example:

1316969107_NicheIslandIdea.thumb.png.095fe4138001cb4ed48cdd42181aa4a5.png

 

 

PREDATORS

I know that the Razorina is already somewhat of a predator, but they only attack you if you are bleeding. How about, for somewhat of a challenge, have a predator like the Bearyna that will attack you for no other purpose than food. It would have similar behavior like the Bearyna but obviously be different. This creature's name would be the Sharkidile, a cross between a shark and a crocodile. You could also find a mother with a baby and tame the baby for its genes, just like the Bearyna! Here's a picture of what I think it would look like, sorry it's kinda sloppy I rushed it:

896849697_NichePredatorIdea-Sharkidile.thumb.png.98fc89bad0404d98169bcccadbdefd4c.png

Genes you could get from a friendly Sharkidile:

- Sharkidile Snout (2+ fishing, 1+ defense, 1+ smelling)

- Water body (2+ swimming, 1+ scentless, underwater breathing) 

- Fin tail (2+ swimming, -1 Cold resistance)

- Sharkidile Claw (2+ fishing, 1+ attack, 1+ swimming)

- Sharkidile Eyes (2+ underwater sight, 1+ dry land sight)

- Yellow Eyes

- New Pattern (Overcoat color and undercoat color, affects camouflage in water, +2 camouflage)

 

FOOD

Definitely a lot more food needs to be added. More types of fish and things similar to the berry bushes on land. Examples in pics below:579098814_Nicheunderwaterfoodidea2.thumb.png.594815b8912eabd1dcbcba8766cbdf63.png

 

 

I'm still currently in the process of thinking of things that could be added to the underwater world of Niche. If I do get more ideas, then be sure to look for for a part 2 to this idea! Please feel free to suggest anything.

  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 replies to this suggestion

Recommended Posts

  • 8

I agree that the underwater world could be much more interesting. Another idea could be rainbow-colored coral reefs! Maybe you could dig for food or have a higher chance of finding food there, like crabs, shells, and fish, or even nesting material. It would also be nice to look at. You could also get a chance of getting poisoned or stung since reefs have some dangers (sea anemones, sea urchins, some species of fish- I am definitely in agreement that there should be more water species). The reef could be decayed with more and more digging just like how berry bushes or trees become barren, but it could respawn after a certain amount of days, too (like 10). 

Image result for coral reef

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3

I don't think Sharkidile hybrids make much sense, but I like the rest of this suggestion! However, a Sharkidile snout that could be unlocked through, let's say, killing fifteen Sharkidiles, could have Fishing, because as of now there are no heads in the game that give Fishing, and it would make it more unique and desirable for that very reason.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2

Wow, great ideas.

List of ocean biomes: Coral reef, open water(normal), and frigid.

Possibly deep ocean? 

Different types of coral would be a cool addition to the game. I heard somewhere that the underwater breathing plant is a version of coral, but more color-coded corals would be awesome. Ahem;

- purple= underwater breathing.

- green= food.

- blue= barrier like rocks.

- red= nesting materiel.

- brown= new fish spawner?

- orange= land supporter; holds nicheling above water.

- yellow= tree trunk of the sea.

 

Prey items: 

Giant snail: 1 armor, 1 speed per day, 2 health, 5 food.

 Flattang: 3 speed, 3 health, 2 food.

Anemome: 1 speed, 2 health, 1+ stinging ability, 2 food.

Electric Reel: 1 speed, 2 health, 3 food.

Cleaner Crab: 1 armor, 1 speed, 3 food.

Puffer Horse: 1 speed, 1 spikiness, 2 food.

Bettabass: 2 speed, 2 health, 5 food.

Moray Squid: 3 speed, 2 health, 4 food. Can create an ink cloud. Spawn from brown corals. If attacked deal 1 damage to nicheling or make ink cloud, then run away.

 

Predators: JellyShark: 1+ stinging ability, 3 fishing, 3 attack, 3 swiming, 2 eyesight, 0 hearing, 0 smelling, 1+ electrosense.

Sharkidile: 2 fishing, 2 attack, 3 swiming.

I imagine the jellyshark having only the tentickles of a jellyfish instead of a tail.

 

Island concepts: 

Sunken Haven: entire island except for ports and maybe a few 3x3 islands is underwater. Ocean is entirely coral biome.

 Flooded Island: most of the island is under water except for fringe islands. Mostly coral ocean biome but a few patches of normal ocean.

Aqualopolis: A tiny green island in the north, with the rest of the island underwater.

Normal islands could also have the new ocean biomes.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1

I agree that the water environments are kind of drab.
New predators would be interesting.
But I absolutely agree there needs to be more food!
Everything is too scattered. Can't there be a berry bush or tree equivalent underwater?
Something that doesn't move around... maybe kelp or seaweed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Skysplash8 said:

I feel like a Sharkidile was already suggested...

Well, technically this is also a crocodile and shark mix: https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2082-beach-bum-predator-crark/

But the two are very different.

Also here’s my feedback on the hybrid genes:

The snout seems really overpowered to me and I think a good way to balance it would to get rid of the defense stat. If you want to keep the defense stat, it could give +1 defense and get rid of the distasteful appearance.

The claw also seems overpowered as its current stats overpower the current claw gene. Maybe +2 fishing (maybe 3), +1 strength, and +1 swimming or +3 fishing and +1 swimming would work better.

I don’t have too much of a problem with the eyes, but if I were to provide alternative stats, I would lower underwater sight by 1. I would do this because then you could have normal eyes be +2 land sight and +1 underwater sight, sharkidile eyes be +1 land sight and +2 underwater sight, and short-sighted eyes be +1 land sight and +1 underwater sight. 

The pattern is interesting but I think it would work better as a variant of the mask pattern like in this suggestion: https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2223-new-pattern-ideas🐈/

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Well, technically this is also a crocodile and shark mix: https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2082-beach-bum-predator-crark/

But the two are very different.

Also here’s my feedback on the hybrid genes:

The snout seems really overpowered to me and I think a good way to balance it would to get rid of the defense stat. If you want to keep the defense stat, it could give +1 defense and get rid of the distasteful appearance.

The claw also seems overpowered as its current stats overpower the current claw gene. Maybe +2 fishing (maybe 3), +1 strength, and +1 swimming or +3 fishing and +1 swimming would work better.

I don’t have too much of a problem with the eyes, but if I were to provide alternative stats, I would lower underwater sight by 1. I would do this because then you could have normal eyes be +2 land sight and +1 underwater sight, sharkidile eyes be +1 land sight and +2 underwater sight, and short-sighted eyes be +1 land sight and +1 underwater sight. 

The pattern is interesting but I think it would work better as a variant of the mask pattern like in this suggestion: https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2223-new-pattern-ideas🐈/

 

Alrighty, I fixed up the stats to make it a bit more realistic. I haven't done something like this before and I was taking inspiration from the bearyna genes stats, so thanks for the feedback!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 7/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, Basil said:

Unsure if this has been mentioned yet, but I would like to put in my ideas of what could possibly be added to the underwater world.

 

The Underwater World is super barren right now, only being able to find seaweed, clams, rocks, fish, worms, and leeches. 

I have a few ideas of things that could be added to make this world much more lively.

 

ISLANDS

Basically, there'd be islands with a ton more water and lots more places to swim compared to your average big island. The island would be small, maybe the size of tiny green, while the rest of the island would be places that can be swam through by Nichelings. Take the grass mingle island for example, cut that to the size of tiny green but leave all that extra island space to the water. Picture example:

1316969107_NicheIslandIdea.thumb.png.095fe4138001cb4ed48cdd42181aa4a5.png

 

 

PREDATORS

I know that the Razorina is already somewhat of a predator, but they only attack you if you are bleeding. How about, for somewhat of a challenge, have a predator like the Bearyna that will attack you for no other purpose than food. It would have similar behavior like the Bearyna but obviously be different. This creature's name would be the Sharkidile, a cross between a shark and a crocodile. You could also find a mother with a baby and tame the baby for its genes, just like the Bearyna! Here's a picture of what I think it would look like, sorry it's kinda sloppy I rushed it:

896849697_NichePredatorIdea-Sharkidile.thumb.png.98fc89bad0404d98169bcccadbdefd4c.png

Genes you could get from a friendly Sharkidile:

- Sharkidile Snout (2+ fishing, 1+ defense, 1+ smelling)

- Water body (2+ swimming, 1+ scentless, underwater breathing) 

- Fin tail (2+ swimming, -1 Cold resistance)

- Sharkidile Claw (2+ fishing, 1+ attack, 1+ swimming)

- Sharkidile Eyes (2+ underwater sight, 1+ dry land sight)

- Yellow Eyes

- New Pattern (Overcoat color and undercoat color, affects camouflage in water, +2 camouflage)

 

FOOD

Definitely a lot more food needs to be added. More types of fish and things similar to the berry bushes on land. Examples in pics below:579098814_Nicheunderwaterfoodidea2.thumb.png.594815b8912eabd1dcbcba8766cbdf63.png

 

 

I'm still currently in the process of thinking of things that could be added to the underwater world of Niche. If I do get more ideas, then be sure to look for for a part 2 to this idea! Please feel free to suggest anything.

I agree! And I love your bettabass! It could be like a beta fish and be really fierce. But Idisagreein the sharkidile hybrid part. Bearyenas are related to nichelings and it makes sense they can breed, but even with how weird and wonderfl niche can be, I think a nicheling breeding with a sharkidile is kind of weird. But maybe there could be a seal- like predator related to the nichelings! In that case, aquatic hybrids would be really cool!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I'd like to see some form of anemones. ^ ^ (Did I spell that right?)

I was thinking maybe they could function as permanent nests but only if the creature had a certain type of body. (Like toxic body maybe, or perhaps something new.) Like how in real life, clown fish don't get stung by anemones. (...Or so that's what I've heard. I'm not very educated when it comes to aquatic animals.)

Maybe octopi too, those are nice! Octopi and squids. ^ ^

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, ccallahanny said:

Wow, great ideas.

List of ocean biomes: Coral reef, open water(normal), and frigid.

Possibly deep ocean? 

Different types of coral would be a cool addition to the game. I heard somewhere that the underwater breathing plant is a version of coral, but more color-coded corals would be awesome. Ahem;

- purple= underwater breathing.

- green= food.

- blue= barrier like rocks.

- red= nesting materiel.

- brown= new fish spawner?

- orange= land supporter; holds nicheling above water.

- yellow= tree trunk of the sea.

 

Prey items: 

Giant snail: 1 armor, 1 speed per day, 2 health, 5 food.

 Flattang: 3 speed, 3 health, 2 food.

Anemome: 1 speed, 2 health, 1+ stinging ability, 2 food.

Electric Reel: 1 speed, 2 health, 3 food.

Cleaner Crab: 1 armor, 1 speed, 3 food.

Puffer Horse: 1 speed, 1 spikiness, 2 food.

Bettabass: 2 speed, 2 health, 5 food.

Moray Squid: 3 speed, 2 health, 4 food. Can create an ink cloud. Spawn from brown corals. If attacked deal 1 damage to nicheling or make ink cloud, then run away.

 

Predators: JellyShark: 1+ stinging ability, 3 fishing, 3 attack, 3 swiming, 2 eyesight, 0 hearing, 0 smelling, 1+ electrosense.

Sharkidile: 2 fishing, 2 attack, 3 swiming.

I imagine the jellyshark having only the tentickles of a jellyfish instead of a tail.

 

Island concepts: 

Sunken Haven: entire island except for ports and maybe a few 3x3 islands is underwater. Ocean is entirely coral biome.

 Flooded Island: most of the island is under water except for fringe islands. Mostly coral ocean biome but a few patches of normal ocean.

Aqualopolis: A tiny green island in the north, with the rest of the island underwater.

Normal islands could also have the new ocean biomes.

 

 

 

 

Oooo I like this! Perhaps in the future there could just be a massive Underwater Update, solely dedicated to underwater features.

I like that you combined multiple suggestions into one-- maybe that should be it's own suggestion as a huge combination

I also really like the island ideas you mentions-- Sunken Haven sounds mysterious and fun! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Thanks! I'm thinking that the edges of the island(or maybe patches in the middle of more watery islands ) that house the deep ocean biome.

Spires: Provide 1+ heat when next to. Has 10 shrimp that offer 2 food when collected all over it. 

Normal water predators can't travel to the deep biome, so a new one has emerged: the anglerpus.

Anglerpus: Has the body of an angler, the bulb of an angler, and the tentickles of a vampire squid. 2 attack, 3 swimming, and 1+ attraction. Basically, on the smelling menu, the player will see a single green dot. Newbies will not recognize the trap, thus dooming their nicheling.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Plus two new island ideas.

Managrove:

Size: large.

Difficulty: medium.

Description: mostly submerged with a few small islands strewn through it. Islands are a mix of jungle and swamp. Several submerged managrove trees in shallow water and jungle trees in deeper water.

Dark Depths: 

Size: huge.

Difficulty: hard.

Description: Entirely deep ocean biome, only accessible via underwater ports.

 

 

Also I just realized this but archipelago would be awesome for a player who liked it's tried to live in the ocean.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...