Stray Fawn Community

Community Voting results - These features will be added in the next update!

Philo

Hi pack!

We discussed with the whole team and these are the results of the second community voting :)
The following features will be implemented in the next update!

• More customization options for sandbox mode
  • Unlock gene menu notifications
  • Insectivorous nichelings
  • New gene: Bat Head
  • New gene: Savanna Horns
  • Customizable and Programmable Gem Colors
    * Please note that this feature will be added in a way simpler way than suggested.
     Players will have the option to write down color codes in a special file in their game's folder.

Additionally the new update will feature:

• New gene: Bat Wings (We already prepared these for the flight update)
  • 2 new bears (These are Kickstarter rewards)
  • Customizable animal names (Since we have customizable gem colors, this is a very low effort task. 
     Players will have the option to write down names in a special file in their game's folder.)

How where these features chosen?
We evaluated the 20 highest rated features based on their effort in the sectors programming / art / game design.
Higher voted features are priorised. The highest rated suggestion "More customization options for sandbox mode" is a big feature with a very high programming effort. So all other features chosen were required to have very low programming effort.

We hope to release the next update in Q1 2019.

Now, let's discuss what kind of stuff we want to be able to customize in the sand box mode :)
Head over here to post your suggestions:
https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/forum/70-customization-options-for-sandbox-mode/

Cheers, 
Your Stray Fawn Team

• Like 17

• Philo pinned this topic

Whoo! I'm glad that we'll get the sandbox options, but I still hope the Breeder mode will be added one day :( By 'Customizable Animal names', does that mean: 1. you could rename all Bearyenas (example)  'Bob'; 2. Name a specific Rabbil  (example) 'Arnold' but leave all other Rabbils named Rabbil; or 3. Make your Nichelings have names with colors and symbols and stuff? Also, what does 'Q1 2019' mean?

• Like 6

Woooooo!!!! I am sooooo looking forward to this update, the wait is already to long and the hype is on :D So happy for the sandbox customization I sooooo hope that we'll get the opion for longer lifespans.

And the savannah horns and lifespans!!!! And gem colours!!! Don't quite get how that'll work yet but sounds good!

How many things will be added to sandbox customizations?

• Like 3

It's easy to understand that adding a single gene takes way less effort than adding a whole gene slot with all it's genes. Next time there's a community voting, I'll need to think of something that will get even more attention...

At least we get the gene unlock notifications back!

We just had a huge update, and now I'm all hyped for this one!

Also... @Philo, check your post count...

• Like 3

@Skysplash8
1 & 2) No, for now only for wild animals.

@Jojo
Don't know yet ^^
And yeah Q1 2019 is a pretty long wait. We have a release this September/October (Nimbatus Early Access Launch).
Let's hope it goes well and our studio can keep existing :D

• Like 4

@bostonlobstah
The new bears were designed by Kickstarter backers ^^
We'll post some work in progress screenshots of them soon.

@Snowy Owl
I think we'll keep this discussion going for quite a while :)
I hope that we can contiously add new things to the sandbox customization, not just this once.

• Like 5

On 8/2/2018 at 8:36 AM, Skysplash8 said:

Whoo! I'm glad that we'll get the sandbox options, but I still hope the Breeder mode will be added one day :( By 'Customizable Animal names', does that mean: 1. you could rename all Bearyenas (example)  'Bob'; 2. Name a specific Rabbil  (example) 'Arnold' but leave all other Rabbils named Rabbil; or 3. Make your Nichelings have names with colors and symbols and stuff? Also, what does 'Q1 2019' mean?

They probably mean you can make custom names for your nichelings to generate with, rather than the standard ones they're randomized with.

• Like 1

I'm so excited for all of this!! And also I love that idea of adding your own names! It's exactly what I need because I have such a huge list of names. Also, will they be separated for males and females? I have some male or female exclusive names, and some other that could work for both of them, so I'm interested in how it'll work 😊

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Philo can you tell us what this means?

On 8/2/2018 at 1:08 PM, Philo said:

Customizable animal names (Since we have customizable gem colors, this is a very low effort task. 
 Players will have the option to write down names in a special file in their game's folder.)

Will we write whole names for our nichelings to possibly get?

Will we write our own syllables? (I would love that!)

Or is this completely unrelated to nichelings? Does it have something to do with other wildlife?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...