Stray Fawn Community

age option

Snowy Owl

22 replies to this post

This will be added in the next update.
How it works:
You can choose how long each age level is (baby, child, teen, adult). 
And you also get a damage multiplier if you want your Nichelings to live longer, but still take significant damage from attacks, hunger etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I get super attached to certain creatures really easily so it would be so awesome to be able to customize each ones lifespan (Maybe life edit it? So if you notice one you adore about to die you could add more days, or even perhaps an immortality option? On a toggle of course, not every critter needs to live forever - unless you really want to take conquering and island seriously) 

It could open up really interesting story potential, because in sandbox it's generally less about surviving as a species and more about random fun with genetics and the personalities of your creatures, especially paired with other suggestions. With longer lifespans and sickness/immunity genes toggled off, you could have a King and a Queen being the only ones allowed to have children and forge the tribe out of the royal lines progeny. With longer lifespans and the ability for more than one tribe in a single game, you could have a pack of near-immortals and fleeting mere days of life in the other. Longer lifespans and the option to toggle immortality in a creature could give deities to lead your pack for your entire game. It would make for really interesting game play, and very customizable to what each player wants to do with it.  

• Like 1

How about the ability to change the duration of a specific Nicheling's lifespan? Like if you were doing a warrior cats play through, you could change a specific creatures' life span so they could live longer than the others because they're leader or somethin like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DogCatCowPig said:

and it would be cool if we could change the lifespan of the other creatures too so if we wanted to we could just double everything's lifespan for more drawn out game play or the reverse too.

If I got this option, I'd just multiply everything by 10. (Creatures live 250 days, spend 10 days pregnant.)

• Like 2

i hope so, because that would be fun, being able to decide how old your nichelings, then you can make them as long or short lived as you want.

if this gets in i hope you can choose like you said DogCatCowPig.

it would also create some interesting challenges. like you can only have nichelings live as adults for 10 days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snowy Owl said:

i hope so, because that would be fun, deing able to decide how old your nichelings, then you can make them as long or short lived as you want.

if this gets in i hope you can choose like you said DogCatCowPig.

it would also create some interesting challenges. like you can only have nichelings live as adults for 10 days. 

Baby: 10 days

Teen: 20 days

Adult: 2 days

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

yea but baby 3 days? why not baby 2 or 1 and child 2 or 3? otherwise you will have useless food drain for 3 days.          and even if the child can't collect anything either, they can still move should there be a need to.

i'm happy about the teen age

(don't want to tag you again philo so i hope you see this)

11 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

Baby: 10 days

Teen: 20 days

Adult: 2 days

that would be an interesting game. but it would be absurdly hard to try to get a breeding pair from adam and eve and whenever you only had 4 or 5 immunity genes. wanderers would be huge in that challenge. but if you can survive with this challenge than that is a very good show of skill

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DogCatCowPig said:

that would be an interesting game. but it would be absurdly hard to try to get a breeding pair from adam and eve and whenever you only had 4 or 5 immunity genes. wanderers would be huge in that challenge. but if you can survive with this challenge than that is a very good show of skill 

Yep. And when I would get a breeding pair, I'd have to move them together before them becoming adults. Maybe I would change that to 5 days as an adult...

• Like 1

Just now, Lilytuft said:

Yep. And when I would get a breeding pair, I'd have to move them together before them becoming adults. Maybe I would change that to 5 days as an adult...

yeah then you could get like 4 or 5 babies from a breeding pair instead of 1 or 2 and have a reasonable chance of getting another pair.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DogCatCowPig said:

oh and also you wouldn't be able to let them take damage and not heal it or they would never even become an adult at all. combining that with teens having less moves predators would be more dangerous and harder to kill.

Well that's what I call a challenge!

• Like 2

I think pregnancy duration is also something that should be changeable. Since it fits in well with this suggestion, I thought posting it here was a good idea. If it belongs in a topic of it's own, let me know!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Philo said:

This will be added in the next update.
How it works:
You can choose how long each age level is (baby, child, teen, adult). 
And you also get a damage multiplier if you want your Nichelings to live longer, but still take significant damage from attacks, hunger etc.

*Just keeps dancing happily from reading all the update posts at once*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1