Stray Fawn Community

Export Nichelings and import Nichelings from other players

Philo

I think it would be cool if we could share Nichelings with each other :)
Maybe we could even do stuff like Animal Crossing, where some genes are unique to some players and you need to trade ^^

• Like 8
  • Eek! 1

This is such an intriguing concept! I love the idea of sharing Nichelings with other players - though part of me hopes there would be a workaround for people who wouldn't or couldn't trade, should it include new and special genes. Since this isn't an online game, I'm sure it would be very frustrating to suddenly feel forced to track down genes beyond your own game.

I'm very interested, though! I'd love to see where this goes.

• Like 13

19 hours ago, Philo said:

I think it would be cool if we could share Nichelings with each other :)
Maybe we could even do stuff like Animal Crossing, where some genes are unique to some players and you need to trade ^^

That would make it quite hard for players like myself who play on their own... and I don't think one should face that sort of punishment for prefering to play offline. 

• Like 3

It could be cool if imported nichelings turned up as wandering nichelings at a random time soon after you import them. I also think a kind of 'plaza' where you can view imported nichelings or save your favourite nichelings to export might be a good way to implement an exchange thing.

I'm generally not a fan of content in games requiring you to trade online to unlock, but if it was really easy and accessible I could learn to like player to player exclusive genes.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

This sounds really interesting!

Maybe it can work somehow like the stickers in steam? You have a nicheling you find gorgeous and can post it as picture on a market-forum. If someone is interested in it and has an offering you are interested in (again only seeing the picture), both accept and only then the code is shown.

You can copy that code in your file and if you are lucky, you unlock the nicheling as random birth-mutation.

• Like 1

You mean with the unique genes?
Imagine we both start playing the game. You get, let's say "Bunny Ears" and I get a "Gecko Tail" gene in the game.
But I can never find Bunny Ears in my game. So you'd send me one of your animals that you exported :)
And I'd send you one with Gecko Tail, which you wouldn't be able to find in the game.

• Like 2

Just now, RandomWanderer said:

That would make it quite hard for players like myself who play on their own... and I don't think one should face that sort of punishment for prefering to play offline. 

i would imagine the genes would just be a cosmetic version of something else like round ears are. so you don't need them but it would still be fun to collect them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

kind of like creature creator/breeder mode?

But you can't edit your creatures or breed them outside of the main game--you would only be able to look at them and their genes and be able to export them. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JessiMew said:

This is such an intriguing concept! I love the idea of sharing Nichelings with other players - though part of me hopes there would be a workaround for people who wouldn't or couldn't trade, should it include new and special genes. Since this isn't an online game, I'm sure it would be very frustrating to suddenly feel forced to track down genes beyond your own game.

I'm very interested, though! I'd love to see where this goes.

Hi, Jessimew! Your videos inspired me to play this game!

• Like 3