Stray Fawn Community

Edit the stats of animals and damage sources

PopsicleNinja

This is something I've wanted to do for a while.

Let's say I want bearyenas to be more dangerous. Because all of the bearyena genes (Bearyena Snout + Bearyena Hind Legs + double Bearyena Claw + Big Body) equal 11 strength, maybe I could edit bearyenas to do 11 points of damage, which makes bearyenas kill a creature in one or two hits. Imagine that! Maybe I could give bearyenas 5 sight, 3 hearing and 3 smelling, just to add in the factor of scentlessness, stinky tail, stealth, and strong voice. Maybe make normal bearyenas have 1 defense, to make things harder.

Let's say one of my nichelings has low cold resistance and gets separated from the tribe during a blizzard. My experience is that hypothermia is only a major problem if the frozen creature is ignored or gets separated from the tribe, or if the frozen creature is very old. What if I wanted to make the mountain biome harder than it already is? Hypothermia doesn't do much damage at the moment. Why don't I make it do 6 damage per turn, so hypothermia could kill a creature in one to three turns? 

Let's say that I've edited spawn rates and stats of predators to be super dangerous, and I happen to be in the savanna. Bearyenas do 11 damage, fire kills in one or two turns... The sandbox settings are already hard enough, and I think cacti is a nusiance, so I'll just edit it to only do one point of damage. That way, it's a safer food source.

• Like 4
  • Paw up 1

3 replies to this post