Stray Fawn Community

Blind genes mode

Porki

I think it would be awesome to have the option to toggle the genes on and off so that we can play a "blind genes mode" in which we can't look at the genes our nichelings are carrying, to make the game more interesting and challenging. That way we could look at the family tree and change nichelings' names without having to look at the genes. It could also be activated or deactivated during the game, that way, for example, you could set yourself a goal and once you reach it you can toggle on the genes and look at them.

What do you think?

• Like 11

9 replies to this post

I think that this is a great idea, since I sometimes peek at the genes.... :P . Also when looking at traits, when you hover over them they usually show the genes that nicheling has, and sometimes its a gene that you did not know your nicheling had, so maybe that could be disabled?

• Like 2

We have been discussing this feature in the team.
The thing with sandbox mode is: The settings are chosen at the start and can not be changed while playing.
So if you absolutely wanted the ability to switch this mode off again while playing, we would need to add a console command for that.

Would that be fine with you?

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Philo said:

The thing with sandbox mode is: The settings are chosen at the start and can not be changed while playing.
So if you absolutely wanted the ability to switch this mode off again while playing, we would need to add a console command for that.

I wouldn't mind :D I think many are already using console commands anyway. Especially since you plan on removing some bugs from the console. And if there is not other way without it being permanent I think go for it

A little pop up when activating this feature would probably be a good idea as well to make sure that people know what they are getting themselves into :D

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Philo said:

I wouldn't mind having the command for the console instead! Anyway, if it's not possible I wouldn't mind having a permanent blind genes mode either, that way you don't have the temptation of "cheating" :D

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, Philo said:

We added is as a sandbox mode setting when starting a new game and also as a console command ^^

*Shakes in exitement, trying not to explode before the update comes*

• Like 3