Stray Fawn Community

Your best and worst wanderer encounters?

I have quite a few wanderer stories I want to tell.

mother_daughter_wanderers.png.522b19019a466baad3243c14f392041e.png

I just started a bearyena challenge tribe and started on Summer Mountains, I intend to go to the Burning Savanna and then work my way to Killer Island, where I'll try getting bearyena hybrids. Shortly after starting, I found these two wanderers! They don't share an immunity gene, but they might as well be a mother and daughter pairing. Maybe the one on the right found the one on the left, and they teamed up.

Today, in a deleted save file on Deadly Hills, a mother was forced to step away from her baby, and a wanderer popped up out of nowhere and stood next to the baby. Keep in mind that there were two or three bluebirds in the sky.

Yesterday, I had the bad luck of getting my mountain tribe caught in the snow almost immediately after traveling to Long Winter. A chain of events happened that killed my tribe. While there was still snow, I saw a male and female couple of wanderers nearby, waiting out the snowstorm together. I couldn't invite them, probably for the better.

In that same tribe, I found a wanderer in the sea, and rescued him. I very often encounter wanderers that make me wonder if they were banished from their tribes, and it's especially obvious when I'm near the coast and a wanderer with water-related traits pops up.

I told these stories before, but here are two more noteworthy stories from the cursed save file I complained about in another post:

I was on Archipelago, and just as the last creature was about to cross, a blind wanderer got hit by a coconut.

I was getting ready to leave Swampy Hill, and a second blind wanderer appeared. There had been a glitch where a mini jungle appeared in the middle, and I'd sent my elderly creature up there. That wanderer was also fairly old, so I sent her up to the jungle, and I like to think they had a family together.

• Like 6

I didn't come to whale island with the intent of starting a purely flighted line, so when two wanderers showed up... that line would have more luck than all others combined.

In total they had two beak genes, two wings, two big bodies, scorpion tail and peacock tail.

Perfect starters, in other words. However, they shared an immunity gene. Their children turned out sick, blind, too weak to hunt and easy to bleed dry. Oh, and winged, beaked with a rec. Big body. 

So the best of the litter moved to a stinky tree in hopes that their children would be more healthy. Only, there was... a perfectly healthy, one winged, beaked female with two novel immunity genes.

This was not the end of it. Fast forward two islands later, two old birds settle down in the Summer mountains. Their first ice block boasts a big bodied, mega. horned female. Exactly the gene they wanted.

They have 6 children, no one inherits the B immunity. The new female steps up to the challenge and has... three children with a beak, one fully winged despite the mother's big nose and running legs. This line had unusually easy match ups in immunity from there on and went to unlock all genes.

They lost the supporting line in the killer cold biome that provided food when they couldn't. In the end, they all go back in blood to those four wanderers.

• Like 6

Once, in an old tribe that has long since been deleted, I killed a female wanderer so she wouldn't take my food. The next day, a Melanistic baby/teen shows up on the bones. I made that child an ORPHAN. My creatures had pity on her and invited her into the tribe. I felt so bad...

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I once found this male wanderer and invited him into the tribe, and right behind him there was a female wanderer with immunity genes different to his. It was so adorable, even before I invited her in she kept following him around. I ended up breeding them because what else was I going to do?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, seahorsepie said:

I once found this male wanderer and invited him into the tribe, and right behind him there was a female wanderer with immunity genes different to his. It was so adorable, even before I invited her in she kept following him around. I ended up breeding them because what else was I going to do?

I love it when that happens :D On my most recent tribe that started out on the Oasis (tho now they're on an easy island to stock up on food), I found a female with one wing! I immediately invited her into my tribe, and as I started to move her to the otheer side of the river to a male with non-matching immunity genes, a wandering male appeared.. with non-matching immunity genes! I proceeded to invite him into the tribe and those two had many children before she passed away of old age :)  

• Like 2

Just today I had the most adorable thing happen so first Kutaro showed up as a wanderer and hooked up with one of the leaders and together they founded the pink gem clan. They had a few children as you can see and this picture was taken when he was already dead for almost two generations (so glad I managed to take a picture of him) because at that time Tanunu shows up almost a perfect clone of Kutaro and that was just so sweet.

20180805182119_1.jpg

20180805182122_1.jpg

• Like 6

Well here's a lucky encounter- sort of. So I was starting on sleepy reeds and trying to do a challenge there, forget the challenge, but basically a playtpus beaked, toxic bodied, and crippled male came by. He started distracting the nearby bearyena, and since all of my tribe had 1 strength, that was extremely needed. So he basically gave his life up to the bearyena and it lost a lot of life due to his poison. Thanks to him my tribe thrived and we got food from the dead bearyena. Woop woop!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2018 at 1:49 PM, PopsicleNinja said:

treetop_nicheling.png.11e97dcfa3d783f76ae269c0b1dfab28.png

I found this little guy in a palm tree while on the Archipelago. I'm not sure if it's a bug or just luck, but either way, I'm amused.

Could he ever go down? Something tells me he got so startled when your tribe approached him that he just rushed up there. Or he had very bad winged parents who abandoned him for inheriting a digging paw and having a crippled wing.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2018 at 11:44 AM, Skysplash8 said:

Once, in an old tribe that has long since been deleted, I killed a female wanderer so she wouldn't take my food. The next day, a Melanistic baby/teen shows up on the bones. I made that child an ORPHAN. My creatures had pity on her and invited her into the tribe. I felt so bad...

Something tells me that baby grew up to be a depressive goth who hated everyone in the tribe... Or she forgot her mother had been murdered when she was given food.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not too long ago on the Archipelago islands my tribe was thriving pretty well and I was just about to cross to another island when this solid black one gemmed blind baby hopped out of the tall grass confronting my creatures. She had ram horns, 1 crippled paw and one runners leg. It was the cutest/saddest thing I've ever seen! She is beautiful non the less. I'll try to post a screenshot later. (She didn't have melanism btw, she was just solid black)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Basil said:

Not too long ago on the Archipelago islands my tribe was thriving pretty well and I was just about to cross to another island when this solid black one gemmed blind baby hopped out of the tall grass confronting my creatures. She had ram horns, 1 crippled paw and one runners leg. It was the cutest/saddest thing I've ever seen! She is beautiful non the less. I'll try to post a screenshot later. (She didn't have melanism btw, she was just solid black)

These are the sort of wanderers that make you wonder where they came from.

• Like 1