Stray Fawn Community

Creating your starter pair

Lunerechos

you have the ability to start with two niching you create from scratch. you get to customize all the genes from fertility to eye sight. start with all the genes unlocked might be a bit over powered but you can have the option to play with unlocked genes from story mode. What do you think?

• Like 7

13 replies to this post

@Frozenpelt Warrior maybe instead of ALL achivements, it would only be ones tied to genes. For example, you'd still be able to get ones like Copy and Paste, but not the Ruler of the Savannah one, because that one depends on the genes, where as Copy and Paste only depends on if you have high fertility (starters always have this) and luck.

• Like 2

Would be really good for challenges too like If I wanted to do a gene segregation challenge of sorts it is  hard if my starters dont fit the context, cause then you have to cheat a bit and wait till you can start the challenge properly

Disabling gene achievements for sandbox mode would be worth it to create my starter pair, TBH. I usually end up using the console to customize my starter pair anyway, and it would be way easier (and far more fun) if I could just customize them from the get-go using the UI rather than a glitchy command console.

40 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

I really like this idea! i think a good way to balance this is to make it so you can only choose genes that normal starter nichelings can get when starting a sandbox mode save, so it technically wouldnt be cheating (except for maybe camoflauge, horns or purr snout) and you would have to have only the A, B ,C and D immunities on your starting pair, otherwise you could choose the rare immunity genes like J . This could be really cool for when you try to start so many sandbox saves trying to get a good island and a good starting pair!

The immunty genes don't really matter, though. Sometimes if you start from the same bloodline after dying, you'll get creatures with J immunity, even if you didn't have it before. It doesn't matter what the immunities are, because they all have the same functionality. 

• Like 2