Stray Fawn Community

What was the most fun hard challenge you have tried?

I used the console to start with fully crippled creatures, derpsnout, no paw, one blindness gene, frog legs, white fur and the lean body for 0 attack. Barely fertile. 

Any genes to mutate were determined by the random generator at birth. As soon as two kits are compatible, the parents stop breeding. No mixing with wanderes allowed, but one does start with 100 food. I tried this two times. You'll never know what you end up with!

• Like 3

Well, I don't know if this counts as a challenge, but I did start a tribe in the Oasis. Luckily my starter male had Claw, but with the children he had, he never passed it on. He died quicker than he should have because, well, it's hard to tell what water your creatures will drown in and in what water they won't. After the starting female died, I started to lose hope. Then a Bearyena appeared. My poor creatures could do barely anything and would soon starve. Then, suddenly, a big-eared, double clawed, ram horned female appears. She's immediately invited into the tribe and takes the Bearyena out in THREE BLOWS. I proceeded to call her 'the savior of this tribe' and immediately thought of my favorite TV show, Once Upon a Time. (SPOILERS AHEAD if you watch OUAT but haven't finished it) I named her Emmai, her mate Killian, her kid with Killian Hope (because she was the hope of this tribe + another reason), her other mate whom she briefly had one child with Neal, and her kid with Neal Henry.  :D 

• Like 2

I've tried a few challenges before, but my favourite has been starting in a difficult biome and trying to survive and thrive without using the console.

So far I've established flourishing and successful tribes through this challenge on the Sleepy Reeds, First Snow, Summer Mountains and Rainforest islands.

I also once, in an earlier version of the game, had a tribe head immediately to the Oasis biome without having any water genes, and somehow they survived and adapted. Sadly I lost that save, but they ended up having around fifteen creatures, most with water body, and a lot of claws, platypus beaks and fishing tails. I think it's pretty safe to say they would've survived just fine. :)

EDIT: I did also start a tribe in the Burning Savannah and survived, but that tribe was still in a bit of a precarious position when I lost the file because the game updated. At one point, a small patch of grass was dubbed Bearyena town, because within ten days or so, four or five bearyenas spawned there, and three of them had babies with them. I didn't have enough food to waste on inviting them, so I just let them stand there and grow up to hunt them down for more food once they were grown and aggressive. It was so funny to see a Bearyena family meet-up consisting of one hostile one that had shown up during the night and three friendly ones of varying ages, looking at eachother in the Hearing vision. xD 

Edited by Draconiya
  • Like 4

Well my first instinct was to say Oasis and the story was similar to Skysplash's but that would be boring so I rummaged through my brain and rembered the time when I started at the burning savannah to see if I could survive long enough for big ears and lean body (50 days), at the time that I tried it the burning savannah was still pretty new and the whole community was in dispair because it was said that you couldn't survive there longer than a few days (when starting there).

So I started there and was lucky to find like four berry bushes in close proximity to each other. That was my main camp and then it became really fun. Wanderers all over the place, bearyenas all over the place, trying not to die of fire, starvation or bearyenas. That were good times though after a few generations (which went by fast considering it was an honor to be sacrificed to the cacti) it calmed down a little. We had enough claws to hunt bearyenas and somehow managed to gather enough food, so I guess until the fires burned everything to the ground I probably could have survived indefinitely.

And I love the blind genes challenge, sometimes even paired with the no mutation menu challenge :D

• Like 4