Stray Fawn Community

Self Made & Saveable Islands

ChasingNyx

I'd like it if we could generate an island, and then add stuff ourselves. Like, generate a peaceful meadow and then be able to choose what kind of grasses are there, and be able to place and remove stuff like bunny burrows, berry bushes, tree stumps, etc. That'd give us so much more control!

And what if we could save these islands so they can be in our game normally, like we make it once, save it, and then boom implement it into files or smth and it's another island??

-cough cough-
plus I can't get enough tree stumps for a Lek Mating Challenge and I seriously need this option

Edit: So @PopsicleNinja had a good idea. This could become its own seperate update.
So I suggest this: If this is the 1st rated thing or in the top 3, could the admins, mods, and all of them ppl consider that as an option? Because I do realize this is a very big, but would be a loved request.

• Like 22
  • Eek! 1

20 replies to this post

2 hours ago, ChasingNyx said:

I'd like it if we could generate an island, and then add stuff ourselves. Like, generate a peaceful meadow and then be able to choose what kind of grasses are there, and be able to place and remove stuff like bunny burrows, berry bushes, tree stumps, etc. That'd give us so much more control!

And what if we could save these islands so they can be in our game normally, like we make it once, save it, and then boom implement it into files or smth and it's another island??

-cough cough-
plus I can't get enough tree stumps for a Lek Mating Challenge and I seriously need this option

I feel like I have been waiting for this since I started playing niche. You could do these things in old strategy games, but that feature is really lacking in newer ones. 

I think there were multiple requests for an island that offers all the features in the game, biomes included, so that everything could be unlocked there in the last voting. Imagine that island as a custom killer biome, that would offer some really great challenges!

It seems like a lot of programming effort, though. I hope this either gets more votes or keeps being requested until given a chance. I'll defintely keep my hopes up for this one.

• Like 5

I too would love to see this added.

Having the ability to create custom maps is one of the things I like a lot in games especially strategy based ones.

This could also tie into the request for Challenges with Win Conditions.
Being able to either hand craft or define some parameters for the island would fit well together.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, annanassen1414 said:

maybe there should be a limit to how many trees, tree stumps, nests ect. so you can't just fill the entire Island wits tree stumps.

But why would that be an issue? If you want an entire island with tree stumps why not do it? And I mean this would be a sandbox feature why have limitations or balance? :)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, annanassen1414 said:

maybe there should be a limit to how many trees, tree stumps, nests ect. so you can't just fill the entire Island wits tree stumps.

Welcome to the forums! Now I want to make a tree stump island...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/12/2018 at 12:00 AM, bostonlobstah said:

An island with a tree on every tile would be cool for winged nichelings :)

I don’t think you could have trees on every tile because of the leaves, perhaps they’d need a particular amount of clear/ lower tiles around them? 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2018 at 2:42 AM, Fellstar59 said:

it'd be cool to make a island where you can use those campaign blocking thorns/ice to block off certain parts of the island until conditions are met. would make for interesting long term gameplay 😂

That is a really good idea- you could make an extra area or fence off a port or ice block so you have to reach a goal to get it or a part of camp!

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 6:06 AM, Stormwolf2018 said:

That is a really good idea- you could make an extra area or fence off a port or ice block so you have to reach a goal to get it or a part of camp!

imagine like a savanna with grasslands and an oasis of sorts in the centre so you need to unlock it to gain access to better food sources, or like an island where you need to breed the underwater genes to gain access to a plentiful water biome! so many different scenarios 🤩

• Like 5

and

On 8/11/2018 at 10:56 AM, annanassen1414 said:

honestly, if someone really wants to make an island full of rocks, go ahead, its not my game. you wanna make your island pure thorns? your problem. you wanna make it all nests? go right ahead.

theres just not a point in stopping someone, even if it can lead to a few odd glitches, even IF you take away the amount, someone is still going to find a ay to glitch or break the game, it doesn't matter if you want them too or not really, any update will always have its bugs, undiscovered or not