Stray Fawn Community

If you could make your own islands, what would you make?

PopsicleNinja

I’ll start: Volcanic Paradise. The bottom of this hill is a very flat shore, with shallow water. A little higher up is an area with berry bushes and stinky fruit, and lots of natural nests to make up for the lack of tall grass. (Whale island but with no poison berries or aspen trees.) This is what half of the mountain looks like. The other half is mountainous and very steep, with twiggy bushes and no edible plants. Overall, the island is considered a hot climate, and heat resistance is required. It does rain a lot, though. To make the island more difficult, it’s considered “killer”, and there are killer bearyenas.

• Like 4

i would probably make something stupid like 1 space islands in a hexagonish grid shape separated by shallow water. or an island filled with nothing but bunny hills (and maybe a nest if you cant make them on the hills idk if you can). or maybe archipelago but 10 times as big. and other stuff like that XD.

• Like 2

Cool! I would create a place I would call berry island. Similar to mountain archipelago. A main island similar to whale island or peaceful meadow, except more trees like a forest, like oak aspen and pine trees, and not as much grass. There would be a small sandy beach  without palm trees but all the other sides of the island have craggy drop offs into pretty deep water. A couple of small islands would be scattered out in the deep water. They would be made of steep mountain blocks as they are basically boulders coming out of the water. There would be lots of berries and poison berries on them with the occasional pine or oak tree. The biome has bearyenas and rarely balance bears on the main island, and bluebirds flying all over. Lots of rabbils and some stag moles. The small islands are only big enough to sustain a few nichelings, are near impossible to get to without underwater breathing, and leeches swim all over the place. There is also a good amount of fish.

• Like 3

I have many ideas, like a really elevated cliff island with unstable tiles that could make you fall to the deep sea, goats with deer antlers that balance in the mountains, and vultures that eat the meat and bones and try to push nichelings into the sea, and fiendly seal like creatures resting in the shore. But there are also multiple archipelago ideas, like the burning archipelago, an archipelago with the burning savannah biome, where islands burn to the ground and you have to flee, but the water is inhabited by cow sharks, like bull sharks but smaller and with spots, and they assault crossing creatures, and there are also the redbirds, which are capable of stealing two gemmed nichelings.

• Like 3

I would recreate the Forest warrior cats territory and then make a proper Warrior Cats challenge.

So I'd have an Oak forest (ThunderClan), a wide open meadow (WindClan), a pine forest (I'd probably mix some swamp in there)(ShadowClan) and a forest, swampy meadowy mix with a lot of rivers and lakes (RiverClan). The island would be alot bigger than any island we currently have. It would be sprawling with bunnies and bearyena spawnrates would also be very high. Most resources would be easy to find. There might be the occasional bear (not necessarily the balance bear in colour but with the same stats) and bluebirds all over the place. If we had some sort of not so snowy looking ramfoxes I'd add them as well and the walrus deer too :D

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jojo said:

I would recreate the Forest warrior cats territory and then make a proper Warrior Cats challenge.

So I'd have an Oak forest (ThunderClan), a wide open meadow (WindClan), a pine forest (I'd probably mix some swamp in there)(ShadowClan) and a forest, swampy meadowy mix with a lot of rivers and lakes (RiverClan). The island would be alot bigger than any island we currently have. It would be sprawling with bunnies and bearyena spawnrates would also be very high. Most resources would be easy to find. There might be the occasional bear (not necessarily the balance bear in colour but with the same stats) and bluebirds all over the place. If we had some sort of not so snowy looking ramfoxes I'd add them as well and the walrus deer too :D

i wonder if there is anything you could do for a thunder path XD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DogCatCowPig said:

i wonder if there is anything you could do for a thunder path XD

Oh yeah right, maybe a gorge like thing that could only be crossed at certain points (like the tunnels ShadowClan uses)

• Like 1

I'd create an island that was an extensive ocean with shallow and deep water, and islands made of mostly beach tiles with some mountain tiles as well, for rocks in the middle of the sea. Clams, a few coconut trees and crabbits are the main sources of food for Nichelings who cannot breathe underwater, but further down there are fish of all kinds and worms to be gathered with Platypus Beak. The climate of the island would be +1 heat, unless it's raining, then it would be 0 heat.

Maybe there could even be a new tide mechanic, where every five or so days the ocean would rise and bring with it a lot of clams, and after five days it'd fall again and take any clams with them, as well as pull creatures who are in the water and have less swimming than their distance to the nearest beach/mountain tile out into the sea, one tile, two tiles or even three tiles far, depending on how deep the tile they are standing on is. This way, Nichelings who aren't careful could get swept away by the ocean and drown. Crabbits would get swept three tiles far, no exception, unless of course there's on land when the water retreats.

• Like 4

On 8/12/2018 at 4:21 PM, PopsicleNinja said:

I was thinking about a canyon island, where there are deep canyons where the top is covered in rocks. I’m not sure what biome that would be, though.

Savannah?

• Like 2

I'd try to make a continent island. It would be a very large island with a decent amount of each biome in it. Temperatures and climate would depend on which part you were on (for example, it would be mild if you were in the grassland part while it would be cold if you were in the mountain part.) Biome-specific predators/prey (such as balance bears) never leave their home climate.The ocean would start off shallow, though get deep a couple tiles in. The island wouldn't have that many ocean tiles.

• Like 2

it would be cool to make a maze out of rocks that you could give to a friend to survive on. or make it big and dont remember the way thru XD. you could make the paths 1 wide except for little stops for berry bushes and things like that. you could also make the very end impossible to reach without breaking the rocks so that you need to breed with bearyenas to beat the island.

• Like 4

I suspect it might end up...

As very large.

Sorrounded by deep dark water

With grass that only rarely regrows

Plagued by seasonal heat and cold waves.

The only solace being under the larger trees of the gigantic forest, spending shade and prey in Winter.

Not very original overall, other attributes would likely be build on that basis and what would be available to make it more interesting. As it is, those are just preferences.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I would make a mix between the jungle and the mountains, separated by a river and a small grassland island. There would maybe be a small island off to the side, requiring swimming to, that would be a 'whale island' biome (birch trees, stinky fruit, slightly higher chance of winged wanderers, etc.). That way, there would be two safe havens (although it still might snow on them). I personally think it might have potential for some interesting stories.

Niche Made Up Island Map.png

• Like 4