Stray Fawn Community

Is it just me, or does Purr Snout give anyone else the creeps?

Goggles-kun

I'm always hesitant to breed Purr Snout in, not because of what it does (it's very useful,) but it's because it spooks me.

Just... look at this...

image.png.fe60960d72107ff8e5de9fb9692ac6a5.png

It's even scarier with black eyes x_x

I'm sure a lot of people don't find it scary, I just thought this would be an interesting discussion: does anyone else think Purr Snout is spooky?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Could you describe what exactly might seem off? Maybe the somewhat-smile with the unsmiling eyes? 

People do find dolls creepy, aswell. Though the purr snout doesn't seem to stare much more than the other snouts to me. What I find creepy though, is a certain angle on the digging trucks. The eyes bulge right out of the skull, as if they might fall out at any moment.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Yeah, I find purr snout a bit more unsettling than some of the other faces. Then again, I don't like derpsnout either; derpsnout used to be even creepier with black eyes (they used to be called spitsnouts), but it's better now since you can see the whites of their eyes now.  

Isn't this absolutely creepy?

Image result for niche spitsnout

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Dingorok said:

Yeah, I find purr snout a bit more unsettling than some of the other faces. Then again, I don't like derpsnout either; derpsnout used to be even creepier with black eyes, but it's better now since you can see the whites of their eyes now.  

Isn't this absolutely creepy?

Image result for niche spitsnout

Holy crap! I remember when spit-snout (I absolutely refuse to call it derp snout), was literally the spawn of satan o_o

image.png.efafb7ef078f14b6b3477c1c368465f7.png

This little boy is adorable tbh, but THIS

image.png.f7f350e957ef7cbdbd4597d7794f7c11.png

THIS THING RIGHT HERE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING! (this was taken back when the textures were kinda broken)

The new spit-snouts aren't really as bad... but the purr snouts are still giving me a spook ;-;

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, the question is how purrsnout can be made more adorable, then. I'm thinking Puss in Boots level of adorable.

tumblr_mfngfrr6wp1re2fcio1_500.gif

His pupils can dilate to be cuter, but these guys can't, so maybe that's one thing. He can still look relatively cute even without large pupils, though:

Image result for puss in boots

Another thing is maybe the tufts on the sides of the purrhead aren't helping the cuteness. Maybe a rounder head would look more adorable. Maybe the proportions of the face need to be changed, too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

My current tribe consists of nothing but cracker jaw, derp snout, and purr snout. Also got one normal snout, FINALLY decided I needed to mutate it in lol

her name is melon. Soft orange (red/beige) with gray spots ❤️ 

Do you like those heads? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

I think it’s a tad spooky with black eyes. I’m getting used to it though since my starter female had purr snout and now I have quite a few nichelings with it ^^

Cat-nosed creatures with black eyes look like Martian/cat hybrids, and it's a little creepy. I fix this problem by putting other eye colors in the mutation menu so that my cat-nosed creatures can actually look like cats, then they're adorable.

• Like 2

I don't find purrsnout super creepy but it doesn't look that appealing or cute either. It could definitely use some editing, though I am not sure what would make it better (looking at the posts above I think it might be head shape related).

Oh I hate cracker jaw too. Of course I got used to it but I still try to keep it to a minimum and rather use nimble fingers for cracking when I can.

My favourite snouts are probably big nose, poison fangs and sabre fangs :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jojo said:

I don't find purrsnout super creepy but it doesn't look that appealing or cute either. It could definitely use some editing, though I am not sure what would make it better (looking at the posts above I think it might be head shape related).

Oh I hate cracker jaw too. Of course I got used to it but I still try to keep it to a minimum and rather use nimble fingers for cracking when I can.

My favourite snouts are probably big nose, poison fangs and sabre fangs :)

I agree. I have the same favs exept I'd replace sabre fangs with platypus beak

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

Not relevant to the discussion :P

(Maybe I want her to step on me because she's super strong and hot...)

Understood! lets keep talking about the alien cat snout! Wait, whats written in tiny letters? Nah, its probably nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone watched the kid vs cat series? It was among my favorites when I was little, and I just had the idea that if you breed a pink, purr snouted nicheling with black eyes and fishing tail it would look just like this alien guy:kat.png.cf3e5ad92629f871926feb31b54df9e4.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thivid08 said:

Has anyone watched the kid vs cat series? It was among my favorites when I was little, and I just had the idea that if you breed a pink, purr snouted nicheling with black eyes and fishing tail it would look just like this alien guy:kat.png.cf3e5ad92629f871926feb31b54df9e4.png

OMG  I LOVED Kid vs. Cat though I never had much time to watch it as my mom was really strikt with TV time and stuff. But whenever I watched it, it was awesome. And now I can't unthink that purrsnouts look like alien cats ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know that I found purr snout creepy, but I certainly don't think it's as cute as a bunch of other people seem to find it 😅 I'm not sure what it is though. The weird skinniness of the nose? Too many thick whiskers? Weird forehead shape? I dunno, but not really my favorite snout aesthetically (saber fangs have one that one in a landslide so far :P)

Side note, Kid vs Cat was a good show! :D Almost no one I know remembers it though, so sad!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Little late to the party, but I wholeheartedly agree that the purr snout in it's current state is creepy :D Someone said it kinda looks like a fox for than a cat. I love cats and hope to see that soft adorable kitten look someday in Niche... 
purr.png.e74421a10d1ed00d594c10ab07928388.png

For me the whiskers look kind of jarring, like to poor things have been victims of porcupine attack! D: 

• Like 13
  • Love 3