Stray Fawn Community

Licking toxic body

Jojo

Now I am not saying this should be a feature but I was wondering. Why do your own Nichelings not get poisoned when they lick a toxic body Nichling? (Licking of the juices of the stinky fruit). I mean Nichelings get hurt when they lick spiky body Nichelings so theoreticly shouldn't they get poisoned from toxic body Nichelings?

I think that would be pretty annoying but for consistency it should be there. Same would apply to all licking actions involving toxic body Nichelings as bleeding.

What do you guys think?

• Like 5

I don't really agree, but thats mostly because I got the impression that a nicheling's poison isn't topical, like a poison dart frog, but instead must be actually bitten into and ingested. You will notice that the toxic body anatomy has a lot more mass around the neck area, which appears to be meant to be an extra organ created for the sake of making poison, but that poison appears to be stored there rather than secreted on the skin, like frogs.

Considering nichelings appear to be naturally furry creatures as well, I feel like it would be pretty inefficient to secrete poison under all that fur, especially fur that needs to be groomed like any furry creature. This is just how I've interpreted things though. 

Now, licking a toxic bodied nicheling who is bleeding out after being attacked could be a different story!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, glitchplight said:

I don't really agree, but thats mostly because I got the impression that a nicheling's poison isn't topical, like a poison dart frog, but instead must be actually bitten into and ingested. You will notice that the toxic body anatomy has a lot more mass around the neck area, which appears to be meant to be an extra organ created for the sake of making poison, but that poison appears to be stored there rather than secreted on the skin, like frogs.

Considering nichelings appear to be naturally furry creatures as well, I feel like it would be pretty inefficient to secrete poison under all that fur, especially fur that needs to be groomed like any furry creature. This is just how I've interpreted things though. 

Now, licking a toxic bodied nicheling who is bleeding out after being attacked could be a different story!

Yeah, thought about the bitten thing as well oh and licking a bleeding one could be more or less the solution as there is not much that can make a toxic body Nicheling bleed currently as they are usually avoided by predators and leeches can't harm them anymore either :D

• Like 3