Stray Fawn Community

Predator aggressive level

jaxpsylla

are those bears in the grass getting a little too close to your nursery? tired of birds always snatching your babies? is that goddamn razorania eATING EVERYONE THAT COMES NEAR THE WATER??

WELL FEAR NOT!

i believe a good option is to bring down (or up, for challenges) the level of aggressiveness for "red" entities. 

Example 1:

Your starting pair lands on a small jungle. As your male steps into the grass, he is greeted by a large red plant, with an evil odor. You brace yourself for the nicheling to be scooped into the plants mouth, but nothing happened. Of course! The "Entity aggressiveness level" was set to 1! the plant will not attack you for 1 day. But sit there too long, and it might just snatch your beauties!

Example 2:

You're tribe has conquered a killer grass island! Everyone has at least 9 strength, and can tear apart any predator! However, you long for more challenges, and adventures. How about setting that aggressiveness level to 5? The bears spawn more frequently, more likely to be killer, stats are brought up, and most of the time, 2 will spawn in one day! Your tribe has trouble surviving on this island, but that's the fun of it!

The "Entity aggressiveness level" can be found when creating a sandbox save. It can either be a drop down of 1-5 (1 being peaceful, 5 being killer) or a drag slide thingy where you drag a white dot to the left for 1 or right for 5 (not sure how to explain lol)

what do you guys think?

• Like 3

3 replies to this post

I like this! Though, could it also be a feature that could be toggled in gameplay? Like, setting, and then slide up or down and stuff? Because if I was just starting out, I think it'd be nice to have a little bit of peace to raise a few generations before death strikes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChasingNyx said:

I like this! Though, could it also be a feature that could be toggled in gameplay? Like, setting, and then slide up or down and stuff? Because if I was just starting out, I think it'd be nice to have a little bit of peace to raise a few generations before death strikes.

yes, this option would be like a button that says "change aggressiveness" or something. If not toggled, the game plays normally.

• Like 1

Totally agree! Though personally Razhoranas don't bother me, since that only attack bleeding creatures. But anyways, this would be awesome! I always feel like no one ever gets hurt, ever, in my main tribe. Some have Bearyena claws and all of them have antlers, so they take Bearyenas down easily.I can't wait until I take them to the Jungle or Snowy islands :D

• Like 1