Stray Fawn Community

Has the short snout gone extinct?

Or has anybody found a short snouted wanderer lately? 

I don't miss it for the more obvious reasons, it's a little odd, though. My findings were mostly:

Derp Snout > Purr Snout >/< rec. beak = active platypus beak. > big nose.

With an influx of platypus beaks or purr snouts, varying from tribe to tribe. The big nose was rare, and when they had it, they were blind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

I am not sure if I catch your meaning. Is this a good or bad thing? I didn't really play niche when they had short snouted starters, so I wouldn't know. 

I meat that no spawning with it makes it even rarer

I have one line of short snouts. My first one, melon, had watermelon, who just had strawberry. All have short snout. By next generation I think it will be extinct since strawberry is the only one who has it. Most of my tribe has big nose, derp snout, cracker jaw, bearyena snout or purr snout. With two beaks and a platypus beak. I only had cracker jaw, purr snout and derp snout for the longest time (thanks, starters and literally every single wanderer... 🙄) but once big nose was unlocked, it took over very quickly. It’s a shame about short snout since although it isn’t super useful, it’s absolutely adorable!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

Or has anybody found a short snouted wanderer lately? 

I don't miss it for the more obvious reasons, it's a little odd, though. My findings were mostly:

Derp Snout > Purr Snout >/< rec. beak = active platypus beak. > big nose.

With an influx of platypus beaks or purr snouts, varying from tribe to tribe. The big nose was rare, and when they had it, they were blind.

I have played the game about 13 hours total so far. 90% of wanderers I found had derp snout. All others had big nose. Often they had shortsighted eyes but no homozygous blind eyes  yet. I have only been super lucky with one who had big nose, double claw, scorpion tail and recessive beak. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

And now the starters usually havelong nose or cracker jaw

I had a lot of purr snout starters lately and a few poison fanged Eve's so I can't confirm that one ^^

But I agree short snout has become super rare!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

My first starters had cracker jaw and purr snout. 

My sister’s starters (I took pity on her and let her have a save) were big nose and cracker jaw.

i have never found a wanderer with short snout.

I wonder if they'll use the bat-head to replace it. It might just turn out like a really adorable or really, really creepy version of the short snout.

bat-head-tilt.jpg.44682c36d362a0c9cb1ee69bd97c598f.jpg

• Like 3