Stray Fawn Community

Gimmie Some Challenges

ChasingNyx

1- Whims of Fate! (If you don't know what it is, just look it up on YouTube and watch Seri! Pixel Biologist!'s videos)

2- Try and survive on a Jungle island from the very beginning! I'm doing this and I'm having a lot of fun :D

3- No Mutation Menu challenge! Self Explanatory :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Deltora quest challenge, based on Deltora quest:

-You must have an alpha pair, the king and queen who's rank is alpha.

-You must also have a council and some lords and ladies, also alphas.

-The first generation, your king and queen can have 5 kids, every other pair must have 1 child only, that will be the heir, the first child of the first pair will be king/queen.

-The current ruler can only have a mate chosen for them from the royalty, they are chosen for them by a chief advisor.

-The royal family can not leave a certain area surrounded by "guards" who are beta rank.

-everyone else is an omega.

The nest challenge:

-You must keep every nicheling in a nest while they sleep, if you don't you must give them a negative gene in their mutation/get them to pick from a cactus or clear thorns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rogue Island. I am not sure you'll like it, though, I tend to follow too many rules.

Hard rules: it's best to use a safe that has all genes unlocked. You start on a hard Island with 100 food. You cannot mate with or allow wanderers into the tribe.

With the console, your starting pair will be puny rogues. Derp snout, double no paw, no horn, frog legs, barely fertile, hemophilia, lean body, white fur, mask pattern. Either fully shortsighted eyes or one blind and one normal gene. 

Both mutation slots are decided by a random generator. In Addition, there is a 0-10 system attributed to each male.

Roling a 0 means the female can receive a rec. mutation now. The mutation is chosen by rolling the random generator 3 times. Which genes will be best for the tribe is your choice, tough.

Rolling 1-4 means the child born to the male in that order will receive a mutation. 8 allows one gender change. 10 to move one slot to the left or right when rolling for mutations of either parent.

5,6,7,9 will give you nothing. So do sick children.  The goal is to create a functioning tribe without any of the starter's bad traits.

Tip for feeding yourself: Picking poison berry bushes with a double no paw has a way higher success chance than normal berry bushes. 

This is the only challenge that might lead you to thinking: "I hope my starting female finds a rogue male, they have way better genes on average."

Defining your own rules is fun, though. These are just some inspiration. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Peaceful herbivore challenge: You cant attack any other animal, including rogue males. You can only run and breed in the best genes to deter predators.

Lions of the skies challenge: You must have a tribe of mostly males and only one or two permanent females. You release females when they are two gemmed and the males have to find them to mate when the become adults. Then, they can mate 1 to 3 times before the female is released again. Your goal is to unlock all bird genes. Peackock tail will aid you in mating songs for the females and wings will help you search for them if they are not attracted. Males get a better rank depending on their strength, beauty, leadership and how many females they have attracted. As a bonus, if you are in a snowy island you could have a set breeding season in a set breeding ground. For example, when it snows, the males call the females and bring them to the breeding ground so they can keep warm and start families, and when the snow stops, the females are released again to continue their solitary and adventurous lives.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oof.zip said:

There are a couple pages that I use for challenges I think you will too if you're looking for a variety of challenges, and here are their links:

Wiki: https://niche.wikia.com/wiki/Challenges

Steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/niche_challenges/discussions/

I'm the one who made that Wiki page :D  I guess I need to update it some more..

• Like 2