Stray Fawn Community

A Random Tribe Story

ChasingNyx

A long, distant cousin family to Adam's tribe wandered off. One of those such nichelings was Nunukir.
image.png.27c7ea16d86d684877d83f7dd6ea32ae.png
He was double digger pawed, and had webbed hindlegs, and as such the female nicheling he had been stuck with, Raanala, a one digger pawed one runner pawed nicheling scoffed at the idea of having cubs with him.
image.png.89c5dd95ee8c08b4b2dc9c682e90f168.png

But, as they grew she eventually accepted there was little hope she'd find anyone else. So, she soon bred with Nunukir and had their first child, Anaanako.
image.png.811f4aebe392371ff46a8cd478d1c9c7.png
She was also double digger pawed, and Raanala growled in frustration. "Our children our doomed because of your stupid paws and legs!" She growled at her mate.

"It's not my fault I was born like this! Please, Raa, let's just have one more cub. I'm sure this time will be different." He soothed.

"Lies!" She spat. "I won't condemn anymore to being as useless as you or I!" She then trudged off to pick some berries with her one good paw. 

Nunukir sighed and trudged off, wading into the sandy shores of the and cracking open a clam in the waters.

However, both nichelings had found creatures who would change their lives. Forever.

Nunukir found a wandering nicheling with lean body and peacock tail, Resi.
image.png.ca31a139465f9eea54217b52101a031e.png
He immediately fell hard. Resi was kind, understanding, and didn't seem to care that Nunukir was horrible at being on land, or that all he could do was dig for roots and crack open clam shells. She also had her issues, like being shortsighed and partically incapable of baring cubs. However though, after some time of getting to know each other, the two set off together and had a child, Kirkuvan.
image.png.2593cfe25514a78dcd409182c443d4ef.png
He had nimble fingers, which made Nunukir overjoyed. Sure, he didn't have the dramatic and frilly tail of males of Resi's tribe that she had talked about, but they loved him none the less.

Now back to Raanala...

She had found a wandering male, who was the epitome of beauty in her eyes.
Tanuro, a big bodied and antlered male. He was picking berries with his one good paw, as he was like Raanala, and had one digger paw and one runner's leg.
Now, for her, the epitome of beauty was big bodied, strong, and poison fanged.
image.png.910d46a549a2eb2edbf9c125d5aeb104.png
While he did not meet the poison fanged part, he met everything else in her eyes and they fell in love, having a daughter that Raanala thought was the sure sign she had found her true soul mate. Rela.
image.png.319eb9ae88ae13a6105654821f2f67dc.png
She was strong and poison fanged, and striped gorgeously. She loved her daughter on sight, and immediately began to have more and more children with Tanuro, until he died. He died peacefully, as he was older than Raanala by quite a few years.
They had four sons, Kukirnu, Dukduk, Dukvan, and the youngest, Kirnuduk.
image.png.647149e3f8d2e6e6d50a6e37f3d9097a.png
Raanala loved her children, especially Kirnuduk, as she imagined a great future for him espeically.
However, none bore the beautiful big body either of former mates had, which did make her a little sad. But, she loved them none the less.

Meanwhile, Raa's first daughter, Anaanako, was wandering alone in the grasses to find roots for her mother. She was sad her father had left, and that she had no full siblings, but she understood that she should still provide for her family none the less. After all, they were a growing tribe and she could dig better than anyone else. 
However, soon a loud, threatening growl came from the grasses. Her ears pricked and she looked behind her, eyes wide in shock as she spotted a bearyena. As her half siblings ram to get their older siblings to help fight, she guarded their escape by throwing herself at the beast and ramming her small frame into it. However, it didn't help, and she got severely wounded and bitten. Soon though, her brothers came to her aid and slayed the bearyena, licking her wounds without a thank you and wanderng off with the meat. They didn't even give her any. She sighed and smiled, knowing she had protected them.

Not too far away, Resi let out a wail before sighing in relief as her second, and final child was born. Issi. She smiled weakly and licked her child, nuzzling her before soon passing, curled around her one and only daughter. She had been too old to bare the birth, and had died.
image.png.3afbc7720c87e3b39b7f4492f4205017.png
The small cub curled up to her side and soon her, unknown to all of them, half brothers came and found her. They hauled her from her nest and took her in. All were enamored with her, every single one of the tribe. Except for Rela.
Rela was glaring at the young cub, seeing the way her brothers eyed up the nicheling with awe and envy.

"You're all fools." She scoffed at them.
Kukirnu blinked and looked up at her. "And why's that Ree?" He asked, tilting his head.

"You're all so enamored with that.. thing. It's disgusting. She's disgusting. Honestly, can you not tell what true beauty is, you fools?" She growled, pointing her heart shaped nose to the sky

"Oh, so we're supposed to be in love with you?" Dukvan laughed. "No way. You're our sister and while we love you, it ain't in that way." The other three chorused in agreement.
"Plus, what's gotten into you?" Dukduk asked, seeming confused at her hostility. All four brothers were aware she was proud of her looks, but even this was odd for the normally caring and kind Rela. 

She scoffed. "Nothing. It's just it's weird to see you all enamored over something so ugly." She hmphed. "One day, you'll all realize it was a horrible deicison to bring her into the tribe."
She turned and santured off, still acting all high and mighty. However once she reached the grasses, she turned and glared at the small cub recieving so much affection.

"Just you wait, brothers. You'll regret ever finding her in those grasses." She growled, her brown eyes gleaming with rage and hatred before she stalked off, her striped tail rustling the grasses before it all went still.

The End! :D 
Should I make a sequel~?

• Like 4

I feel so bad for the cub, and I have done some really morally grey things in Niche. Do you have an ending in mind, or would you go where inspiration takes you?  

Tough it has always been somewhat funny and sad when one of my starters finds a better mate. Once they even had the same immunity as the rejected. I released him to find happiness elsewhere.

Well, I played the file a bit more and I have a mild ending in mind, and I know what happened after Rela left and went off in the grasses. But, if I do make a sequel it won't have pictures because I accidentally deleted the save file. Soo, yup. 
Oh yes, and now Rela is my Goddess of Envy & War. So fun.

• Like 2