Stray Fawn Community

Grass Adventure vs Grass Mingle??

bostonlobstah

I know one is easy and one is medium. But they look the same. So what makes one harder than the other? There is a grass mingle port to the north of my current tribe so I’m kinda curious.

also I want to start a save file in whale island for a wings challenge. I have never been to an island above easy so I want to know what makes whale island medium so I can be prepared lol I’m so scared!

I'm not sure about the difference between grass Adventure and Grass Mingle, but Whale Island is on medium because of Bearyenas and Rogue Males. Though it's still pretty easy to survive on :3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

I haven't noticed too wildly different spawnrates. What might be the case, though...

The easier one has defined zones. The medium one doesn't and there tend to be bugs everywhere.

They aren't difficult tough, the most unfortunate and common thing you could prepare for is running into a bearyena when your animals have the sleeping sickness. 

• Like 2

Ok so I started a new whale island save today in hopes of a quick start to a birds challenge. Started out pretty much starving to death but the tribe is doing pretty well now. Two things I noticed: 

1. Rogue Males absolutely everywhere! It’s driving me crazy but I don’t hate the extra challenge. 

2. Winged wanderers freaking everywhere!! I found a ton of wanderers, including three one winged females (one of which had a beak), a one winged male, a scorpion tailed male and a peacock tailed female. Also a double no paw and some other not so great finds. All within <40 days ^^

now I think I understand why this was moved to medium instead of easy. Good grief! 

• Like 1

The medium one can also spawn with an ape tree which can spawn an ape (I absolutely hate it when that happens). As said above it also has bugs in swamp tiles when it rains.

I also am 99% sure that it has more bearyena spawns and less food. Not sure about the rogue males. Sometimes the landscape looks a little steeper as well but that might just be my imagination

• Like 2

In Grass Mingle, there is less food to be found and the island is more of a hill. It also has the sleeping sickness and rarely it will have an ape. Grass Adventure has much more food to be found, and in my experience, less bearyenas and less rogue males.

• Like 1