Stray Fawn Community

I just finished a roleplaying challenge, are there other roleplaying challenges I could do?

PopsicleNinja

I just finished the "Utopia" challenge, where after three generations, "imperfect" creatures get drowned in the ocean. I roleplayed that this happened on Tiny Green, rejects survived and hid in an uncleared patch of tall grass, breeding with each other to produce acceptable children that would enter the tribe as wanderers and add their genes to the main tribe, and more importantly, provide information to resist the dystopia. It ended with the fifth dictator being forced to resign by every other tribe member, the tribe migrated to Jungle Gate after the drama was over. There was only one fatality, and that was before the secret tribe was formed. I will admit, if I roleplayed on a larger island, then the story could've become much more tragic, so I might do that at some point.

That aside, the tribe is now on Jungle Gate and heading to Deep Jungle, and I want another roleplay-related challenge to do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RandomWanderer said:

I don't want to bore you. Could you list some challenges you have already tried? 

I already experimented with the Lion Pride challenge on another save file and concluded that it's too difficult.

Other than that, the "Utopia" challenge was the first roleplay challenge I've done.

15 hours ago, PopsicleNinja said:

I already experimented with the Lion Pride challenge on another save file and concluded that it's too difficult.

Other than that, the "Utopia" challenge was the first roleplay challenge I've done.

I have been experimenting on a few challenges yesterday, but concluded they won't really work before the sandbox update. Sorry about that.

Another was a warriors inspired one. It isn't going to work currently as keeping track of immunity genes is too much effort, leading to...

A) Console commands. Restarting the game before the aging bug gets you with most couples. Yikes.

B) Sticking to 4 immunities over all clans with the occasional forbidden romance. I'd have to see where this goes. After the sandbox and the maybe no sickness option, this challenge would be vastly improved.

I am still trying to find out if having them move and unlock all genes is better or starting on a "finished" old file. The latter seems better. There are still questions about Clan attributes, behaviour and code. 

Each clan should have distinct weaknesses and strenghts. They'll need the same ancestor, or a group of nichelings altered with console commands (which kind of fits the warrior's lore...). 

As you can see, this will take time to set up but puts as much focus on roleplaying as roleplaying gets. Though the closest to a direct fight is releasing a nicheling and then hitting it, as of yet.

I like to mix roleplaying with moderate challenges. The Lion pride does sound hard.

Search in the Dark required each breeding pair to carry blindness. Albinism was seen as a great sign of luck and prosperity, but kept rare. The challenge would end on Adam's island.

20180811_183219.thumb.jpg.68a76732bdbf36f725e534858ffccbf6.jpg

However, the first female I ran into was blind, albino, poison fanged with the scorpion tail. She even met Adam.

On an attempt before that, I never met a nicheling with albinism in the first 150 days. Challenges can depend too much on luck. 

I like to start with some ideas, but really make the plot up among the way, depending on what can be found. I don't know if this might work for you. Chasing inspiration and finding rules can be as fun though as playing the finished challenge.

@Skysplash8

And @Jojo

Made two lists, though.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, oof.zip said:

There are a couple pages that I use for challenges I think you will too if you're looking for a variety of challenges, and here are their links:

Wiki: https://niche.wikia.com/wiki/Challenges

Steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/niche_challenges/discussions/

• Like 1