Stray Fawn Community

Climbing Trees

Wander

I was inspired from the new update, which added wings and peacock tail.
The winged nichelings could fly to the tops of the trees, build nests, and gather food before it even fell from the trees.
Also, peacock tail nichelings could call from atop these trees in addition to stumps.
These features are nice, but felt a little unfair for the more grounded nichelings.
It's especially frustrating that you have to rely on outsiders to come in with the wing gene to even be able to fly.

That's why I think that the ability to climb trees would be a nice feature to add.
You wouldn't even have to add a new gene.
I think that 2 nimble fingers would do the job well, since real life animals like monkeys and squirrels live in trees and have fingers.

Also, did you know that one hypothesis on the evolution of flight is "from the trees - down"?
Some scientists think that before learning how to fly, animals learned to glide.
Gliding is advantageous for animals that live in trees, because it allows them to quickly travel from tree to tree without expending a lot of energy.
Some real life animals such as flying squirrels and sugar gliders are good examples of that.
And archaeopteryx, considered a link between dinosaurs and modern birds, could have also glided from trees.

Basically I mean to say that climbing trees can also help unlock wings.
Climbing trees -> Gliding -> Flying
You wouldn't have to rely on random strangers with wings to wander by your tribe.

And if Stray Fawn does decide to add a forest biome... I think climbing would be very useful due to the abundance of trees.
(wink wink nudge nudge, stray fawn)

• Like 3

3 replies to this post