Stray Fawn Community

Why there may never be modding

thivid08

While responding to a comment from Goggles-Kun, I came to a realization. There is a good reason while there may never be mods in niche. If we consider it, people could make a lot of horrible things, like turning predators into levitating organs, including certain traumatizing diseases, altering some genes so they look more... realistic, and even turning the heads of every creature into purr snout heads to stare into our souls, and make hordes of rogue purr snouts spawn and stare even more. And anyone could install these mods. Also modding could make some less interested in the updates.

• Like 2

Well, I read what you both said here and in the comments section of the other post. I think that it is an interesting thought and it might be partially be right, I believe the devs have stayed multiple times that there will not be any modding due to how difficult it would be to implement since they would essentially have to rework the entire game. But like I said earlier, it definitely could be that  they may just say this since it is their main reasoning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thivid08 said:

While responding to a comment from Goggles-Kun,

I HEARD MY NAAAAMEEEEE

That aside, I just don't think Niche would be able to support mods. I think it's because Stray Fawn Studio doesn't have that big of a budget, unlike some other popular games with mods like Don't Starve Together. Like Pokestar said,

2 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

I believe the devs have stayed multiple times that there will not be any modding due to how difficult it would be to implement since they would essentially have to rework the entire game.

But it is an interesting thought!

• Like 2

Lol, as someone who mods his Skyrim to death and has at least 1 mod in all other moddable games this is an odd thing to hear. Of course modders can do horrible things but no one forces you to download them ^^ so I think it would be an odd thing for somebody to say that is the reason why there is no mod support XD

As stated above the devs said it would be to difficult which I find super sad because I loooooooove modding, sigh. If we had Niche mod support I might have started creating mods myself :D

• Like 6