Stray Fawn Community

What the heck is the "Whims of Fate" challenge, anyway?

Goggles-kun

I heard of people talk of it before, and it sounds like a fun challenge, but how does it work? 🤔

Is it one of those challenges where "If X happens, it affects Y?"

Please tell me!!! I'm very confused!

- Goggles-kun

Should I leave a signature at the end of every topic? Oh, never mind...

• Like 1

It's a Niche series by Seri Pixel Biologist.

It is a blind genes and random generator challenge, where as Wander said you can have 2-20 nichelings determined by a random generator.
You choose a leader each time the previous leader dies, but they don't hve to actually lead n' stuff.
When you choose a new leader it determines the amount of nichelings you can have.
When you assign mutations, one is decided by a random generator, or 'Niche gods' if you want to get roleplay-ie, wether it be numbers or a thing a fan of Seri made on Scratch. Here's that- https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/214535915/

That's about it!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, ChasingNyx said:

It's a Niche series by Seri Pixel Biologist.

It is a blind genes and random generator challenge, where as Wander said you can have 2-20 nichelings determined by a random generator.
You choose a leader each time the previous leader dies, but they don't hve to actually lead n' stuff.
When you choose a new leader it determines the amount of nichelings you can have.
When you assign mutations, one is decided by a random generator, or 'Niche gods' if you want to get roleplay-ie, wether it be numbers or a thing a fan of Seri made on Scratch. Here's that- https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/214535915/

That's about it!

What ChasingNyx said :D But I'll say it in a bit more detail.

It is, as they said, a Blind Genes challenge, so you can't look at your creatures genes.  Once you start, choose one of your two creatures to be leader. You don't have to have them really lead if you don't want them to, but for as long as that Nicheling lives, your tribe may only have a set amount of creatures in it. The number will be 2-20, the exact number will be determined by a random generator (Dice, Online Random Number Generator, etc). Everytime your leader died, you have to choose a new one, and generate a new tribe size number.

Whenever you want to breed your creatures, you need to set their mutations. One of them is set by a random generator (use the one that ChasingNyx linked), and the other can be whatever you want. This is quite fun, as sometimes it might give your really perfect creatures Infertility (That's what happened to me), or it might make matters worse and give you short-sighted creature Blind Eyes (Happened to me too..), or it might actually be helpful and give your creature High Fertility when it really needs it (Happened to me as well!). Right before I looked at your post I was playing on my Whims of Fate challenge :D

• Like 2

Got it. Thanks guys ^.^

I started the challenge earlier today and I didn't use the generator, but I did follow the "blind genes" thing.

Again, thanks!

(It has been revealed that Goggles-Kun was too lazy to use a random number generator at the same time. How unfortunate.)

• Like 1