Stray Fawn Community

More specific notifications

Wander

The notification menu is nice, but could use some improvement in my opinion

-tell the name of the nicheling that died
-tell which gene you've unlocked
-tell the name of which nicheling is sick
-tell the name of which nicheling got infected (and by who)
-tell the name of which nicheling got impregnated by a rogue male
-tell the name of which nicheling got leeched
-tell the name of which nicheling is bleeding

I know that a lot of these you can just click "show" and go to the niche that is affected.
But with the dead nicheling, it just shows a dead body and I have to figure out which one that is.
Also, it's annoying when I click to see which nicheling is affected and it's just some omega that I don't care about anyway.

Edit: Oh and please have a notification when my nicheling is getting eaten alive by a razorhana.

• Like 3

2 replies to this post

I get the idea and don’t get me wrong, I think it’s good, but how would this work if you change a Nichelings name? For example, I have a creature named Rerasi and is bleeding. I decide to change her name on the same day she’s bleeding, would the notification change because I changed her name? Ideally yes, but from a game design perspective I’m not sure how difficult it would be to implement, it might be simple but I’m just putting this out there just in case. Also this post:

https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/589-unlook-gene-menu-notifications/

And this post:

https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2560-one-of-your-creatures-died-who-and-by-what/

• Like 1