Stray Fawn Community

Albinos have pink noses

bostonlobstah

8 replies to this post

I like the idea of a chance of shortsightedness or even blindness. Or even deafness. Maybe even a new stat that makes them more sensitive to the sun?

Albinism, though pretty, has downsides, which I think will be good to implement if it isn't so bad that no one wants it anymore.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2018 at 9:10 AM, bostonlobstah said:

I like the idea of a chance of shortsightedness or even blindness. Or even deafness. Maybe even a new stat that makes them more sensitive to the sun?

Albinism, though pretty, has downsides, which I think will be good to implement if it isn't so bad that no one wants it anymore.

I agree. And you know how Nichelings have red eyes when albino? That's total albinism, which means that there's no pigmentation in important parts of the eye, causing shortsightedness. I think that the albinism gene in niche should give -1 eyesight, to be more realistic. 

Also, I love your idea about albinos being more sensitive to sun! Since they have no natural sun protection, they get sunburned very easily.

• Like 2

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 2:10 PM, bostonlobstah said:

I like the idea of a chance of shortsightedness or even blindness. Or even deafness.

I'm pretty sure albinos don't have any greater a chance of being deaf than normally coloured animals. Shortsightedness and blindness would be a great addition though, albinism is too desirable a trait in the game. It needs some debuffs to reflect how undesirable it is in real life. The pink nose is a great point too, upvoted

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 12:16 PM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

@Fishyfishyfishy500 I am not sure why you posted this picture at me, a very cute albino dog, with (as typical) no pigments in the nose... wich is why it is pinkish (no pink pigments, but you can see the bloodvessels shining through)

• Like 1