Stray Fawn Community

with gills you cant breath on land

firestar123

This is simple fish have gills they can not breath on land every other animal has lungs and can not breath under water if you have not been fallowing me if you have gills in real life you would not be able to breath on land if this is true why should niche be any diffrent as to where you could breath it is a realistic genetics game after all this is not the most important thing on this list of things that should be in the game but it would be a cool  little thing to have if niche with no gills can not breath under water niche with gills should not be able to breath on land

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 replies to this post

There are some fish-like creatures that have gills and can breathe on land too :)
Eels for example. They encouraged us to have gilled creatures that can live on land in the game ^^
Though I agree it would be interesting to have "water-only" and "land-only" creatures. (Given the water biomes were a bit more interesting).
Then the gilled creatures would maybe take damage when staying on land for too long.

• Like 3

This would make the game impossible to play unless you were to stay on the same island. Not only would you  need to travel on land to move to different islands, there is also a lot less to explore underwater so the game would be a whole lot less interesting 

Also, have you heard of full stops? Commas? It would be so much easier to read if you used a little bit of punctuation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firestar123 said:

you make good points but i said this a realistic genetics game as in the genetics that are on you creatures are real in real life with wings you can fly with toxic body like toxic frogs is brightly colored and contains poison the creatures are not realistic but the genes them self are realistic you just mixed if you want a fish you give them webbed hindlegs water body swimming tail and more you want a skunk give it stinky tail heck you want a bear hyena hybrid you can have that to  i got hate for saying it was a realistic genetics game and it is all the genes do what they would in real life yet no one but goggles-kun took what i was actually saying in to consideration why should all the other genes be realistic yet gills not

If Gilled creatures could only live in the water, that would be a big problem. How would you get to Home Island with a Gilled tribe? On the way you have to (no matter what) go through an island with no water. Your whole tribe would die!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, firestar123 said:

This is simple fish have gills they can not breath on land every other animal has lungs and can not breath under water if you have not been fallowing me if you have gills in real life you would not be able to breath on land if this is true why should niche be any diffrent as to where you could breath it is a realistic genetics game after all this is not the most important thing on this list of things that should be in the game but it would be a cool  little thing to have if niche with no gills can not breath under water niche with gills should not be able to breath on land

one thing that disproves this, amphibians, bichir, turtles(can survive for a week underwater without breathing air) and lungfish

• Like 1

you make good points but i said this a realistic genetics game as in the genetics that are on you creatures are real in real life with wings you can fly with toxic body like toxic frogs is brightly colored and contains poison the creatures are not realistic but the genes them self are relistic you just mixed if you want a fish you give them webbed hindlegs water body swiming tail and more you want a skunk give it stinky tail heck you want a bear hyena hybrid you can have that to  i got hate for saying it was a realistic genetics game and it is all the genes do what they would in real life yet no one but goggles-kun took what i was actuly saying in to consideration why should all the other genes be relistic yet gills not

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, firestar123 said:

you make good points but i said this a realistic genetics game as in the genetics that are on you creatures are real in real life with wings you can fly with toxic body like toxic frogs is brightly colored and contains poison the creatures are not realistic but the genes them self are relistic you just mixed if you want a fish you give them webbed hindlegs water body swiming tail and more you want a skunk give it stinky tail heck you want a bear hyena hybrid you can have that to  i got hate for saying it was a realistic genetics game and it is all the genes do what they would in real life yet no one but goggles-kun took what i was actuly saying in to consideration why should all the other genes be relistic yet gills not

I understand where you are coming from, but the fact that there is not much to do underwater right now, as well as the benefits of living on land are taken away, I feel like gills should still be able to breathe on land.