Stray Fawn Community

Unlimited Food

TempleFox

I love to experiment with genetics and I would love a feature that gives you an unlimited amount of food. This way, you can play more with genetics and how pretty your nichelings look without having to constantly worry about having enough food for your tribe. Of course, this should be a toggle and if you don't want to play that way and want the challenge, go right ahead and switch that bad boy button on! I just think that it's a neat idea for those of us who love to experiment. 

• Like 2

14 replies to this post

@dextrocarter, There are commands for everything but nesting material, unlocking all genes and undoing damage.

You can see all commands by entering Help.

Setgene will show you a list of genes go give your creatures. If you enter setgene for blue eyes and setgene for green eyes in the same line, you will have green eyes active and blue eyes rec. This is great for immunity genes. 

You might have seen a more complicated line, but don't waste your time like I did. Entering two single commands in the same space does the trick, but you might not be able to see yourself writing at a point.

The amount of change to a creatures' genetics... is proportional to their aging speed. Change 5 genes or so and they'll be dead in two to three days.

You can also give them ancient genes. If you leave the game after your edits, upon restart the aging bug should be gone and you have unlocked ancient/bearyena/wing genes, depending on what you gave them with the console. As mentioned, no unlock all command.

If you enter age, a suggested command will appear. This allows for positive and negative values. Some tried to make creatures immortal by giving them -999 days, but they'll die one hit and will be snatched by bluebirds, as if they were babies.

The aging option allows you to kill predators and rogue males. My favourite is clicking on a rogue and switching its gender. You'll get this option the same way, "gender".

The console is quite straightforward. This is all I have personally gathered.

I must warn you, though. This never happened to me, but cheating might corrupt a game and break it permanently.

Usually, that translates to the game being stuck at night time when you skip the day. If you leave, to desktop, not main menu and restart, all will be back to normal.

In my experiments, at least. But I have no experience with say, older versions of the game. 

So you might want to create an extra save for experiments.

I always use the console to set up my roleplaying challenges, though. Among them creating the worst starting creatures in existence and using the random generator to select mutations, with all genes unlocked.

Yes please!! I'm always so worried about food that I've got a save with 2,000+ and I still don't want to leave the island because the risk of starving on another one. I'm paranoid, but for fair reason, I die out on medium and hard islands so fast 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dextrocarter said:

Oh my god I didn't know there were commands for this game at all!! Are there others or just a one for food? Do you know if there's a list anywhere? o:

You can change nicheling's gender, make males pregnant, make nearly immortal nichelings, change their genes and much more!

But beware! It's really buggy, and you should always copy your savefiles and put them in a safe place, or you might lose them!

Oh, by the way. There are also commands to increase/decrease spawn rates. These seem to only change those values for a particular safe. But I don't know if that is true.

So...

"Increasing" Berry bushes. This will result in giant, empty spaces devoud of any of them on some islands. Don't do it. 

Messing with the weather. Had to restart the game. 

Rogue males and wanderers work. Maybe. Don't take my word for it, but spawn rates seem best left alone. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 3:46 AM, RandomWanderer said:

Are you against using console commands?

If you press F1 and enter change into the console, you'll have the option to give yourself between -9999 to 9999 food with the changeberrycount option.

I actually didn't know that! Thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I once pumped the food count up to 999999999 and my cruddy desktop didn't crash 🤔

I did mine more than that and even with my no longer working trash computer it didn't explode

On 11/28/2018 at 12:30 PM, LynaxFrostAJ said:

Note, You Can Do This By Using Commands By Pressing f1 + shift Command:

changeberrycount 9999

WARNING: Very laggy, may crash came, ect But if your a daredevil crash your game to your hearts content! :D

🐦

I tried pressing f1 + shift and f1 + enter neither of them worked! I play Niche on my laptop(which i'm using to type this message)is that the reason why?If there are any commands for the version without wings,whale island,and the other things on the newer versions please tell me!🙀

38 minutes ago, Oakthebrowntabby said:

I tried pressing f1 + shift and f1 + enter neither of them worked! I play Niche on my laptop(which i'm using to type this message)is that the reason why?If there are any commands for the version without wings,whale island,and the other things on the newer versions please tell me!🙀

If your laptop is a Windows, it's just F1. Not sure about Mac, though.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:58 PM, Oakthebrowntabby said:

Have you tried FN F1? That's what I do to activate commands. (I have a Windows 10 Laptop)

• Like 1