Stray Fawn Community

Squid body!

Goggles-kun

This suggestion was brought to you by my crippling obsession over Splatoon

You can take this either way and call it "octopus body" instead x33

image.png.7402be4f7d663c668fd52e7d9e30bf73.png

Okay, so... that's what I imagine it would look like. (If you're confused by the triangle on it's shoulder, it's supposed to resemble a squid's head... kinda like this)

image.png.a1c8cb424648452fd26a07951d3f032c.png

"And why are the eyes so box-y?!", You ask. My idea is that if the squid body gene is in effect, the pupils turn into rectangles. My reason? Squids have rectangular pupils.

But squids also have circular and oval-shaped pupils you dingus!

Okay, so, what would the squid body do?

My proposed idea: they can shoot ink whilst underwater. How would this work?

Say a leech sneaks up behind your innocent creature while underwater. The player has the option to squirt ink directly at the leech, and it would travel for two tiles. This stuns the leech for a full in-game day, and therefore, allows the creature to escape. This is also applicable to creatures like bearyenas and wanderers (if also underwater.) There could be an option where you can choose what direction you want to shoot ink.

image.png.68d30041557cc39e0b6422acdab2f1b9.png

"But what about camera direction," you ask. "wouldn't that screw up where the ink goes?" Actually, good point there, Francis!

...I'm sure there's a logical proposed solution but I can't think of one right now.

Other than the option to shoot ink, what else does this give you?

+2 swimming

+1 Underwater breathing

Happy ink shooting!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 replies to this post

As DogCatCowPig said, what is 'behind'? You can't really determine that. Also, dunno if you know but the rectangluar pupils were removed from toxic body. Buuuuut, adorable drawing! :D 
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, it basically looks like a waterbody rip off with rectangle eyes. Still cute tho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChasingNyx said:

Also, dunno if you know but the rectangluar pupils were removed from toxic body. 

They were? 🤔

Huh. I haven't played niche in forever so I didn't know. And,

4 hours ago, DogCatCowPig said:

how do you determine what is behind? they always face you so you could just turn the camera to change where behind is. and why would you need to shoot ink at a leech? just attack it. can the ink work at all on land?

Didn't really think of what counts as "behind". Humm... Maybe I'll change it to "you can determine what direction you want to shoot". I don't think the ink would work on land.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:54 PM, Goggles-kun said:

"But what about camera direction," you ask. "wouldn't that screw up where the ink goes?" Actually, good point there, Francis!

...I'm sure there's a logical proposed solution but I can't think of one right now.

I just got an idea
Okay so what if the direction counts on where your island starts. Like, we have the north, east, and west ports so we can determine it like that. In front of a nicheling is like where the port came from. Since I can't explain, here's an example of what I mean.
image.png.fe0274172c29080044c11497506bdec5.png

Basically an example with my current port. I hope this helps you and makes sense!

• Like 1