Stray Fawn Community

Lots of people are using the console - Maybe we should fix some bugs there

Philo

Hey pack

More and more people are using the console.
That's cool because if gives you more stuff to play around with.

But we're also receiving sooo many emails with bug reports and in the end, it pretty much always turns out that the problem was console related ^^'

So we're now considering to run a console fixing session ;)
What bugs would you want fixed?

• Like 8

I haven't played around with the console in ages but it used to sometimes make it impossible to skip the day and be stuck in night (usually fixed by closing and repopening the game) and Nichelings eyes being closed even though they have all their energy. Would be nice if those could be fixed :)

• Like 2

I tested it out for a minute. I gave myself 300 food and messed around with the genes. 

Biggest issue was that the creatures died in just a few days. The second small issue was that the nicheling's heads still followed the mouse when their gems were used up and they should be asleep. 

One still had its eyes open, the other had closed eyes, but both still moved their heads

• Like 3

frequent bugs:

>The head of the nicheling gets huge when you change genes

>You get stuck at night

>the eyes of the nicheling don't blink/ the eyes remains open when it finishes the moves

>The "bio" of the nicheling like when you click it and you see the days he as, the genes ecc remains unchanged

>Nichelings dies in a few days

>if you add a pattern it doesn't show up until you close the save

If I will find more I'll write them

• Like 6

Nice list here. There really isn't much to add. 

Just sometimes, after restarting the game, all creatures will have their eyes closed and full energy. Moving one will cause the others to jolt awake. 

By far the least annoying one and more of a consequence of the game getting stuck beforehand. I think that were all, though?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

If these get fixed, I'll try out using the console to make a funny comic. Does anyone know is it possible to give a male nicheling female peacoctail?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

If these get fixed, I'll try out using the console to make a funny comic. Does anyone know is it possible to give a male nicheling female peacoctail?

all i know is giving a female male peacock tail, takes away the tail entirely. im not sure about giving males female peacock tail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Philo said:

We're fixing console stuff today :D
Or are we.... xD

89f105dc-e085-45a6-b320-7be53623acf9.thumb.jpeg.dfcb9313ccba6bfc2d2f6fd9c62e9194.jpeg

Niche is getting in with the Halloween Spirit :D ( I can confirm the random generator gave me a Nicheling that was called Half Fawn.. )

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Kepa-Shanyang said:

cowards. try messing with spawn rates and explorealltiles and stuff. see what happens there!

truthfully though I haven't messed with those yet. I might tho

Exploreall is mostly fine. Entity spawn rates work too, berry bushes or something can result in giant, empty patches. It did break my game somewhat in that, so be careful.

• Like 1

One time, I just kept using the console commands nonstop and my game... just... exploded with bugs pretty much. 

So the first thing that happened was I had creatures that were able to move around endlessly but not explore shaded tiles (tiles you can't see from a distance)

Also, the glitch when you use the command "ExploreAllFields" to where you can't see through the patches of regrowing grass even if you are sitting next to them

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

SetGene Bugs:

- heads get huge (baby and child heads get small!) until you leave and come back

- Age faster unless you leave and come back WITHOUT moving the creature

- Patterns don't show up until you leave and come back

ExploreAllFields:

- grass is not transparent when a nicheling is in or near it

• Like 1