Stray Fawn Community

Custom (ish) Savefiles for you!

bostonlobstah

Basically what I am going to do is make tons of savefiles on different islands of your choice and share the best or luckiest ones with you! I will not make any progress, just have the starters so you can ‘pick’ their genes without using the console :) of course others can do the same, and we can all share our best starting pairs. All of the saves I make will be in slot four.

i will start this tomorrow. Which islands are your favorites so I know which islands to start on?

• Like 3

I started a bunch of saves. My luckiest/favorite ones I will post here! Any others you can ask for and I can post them as well. 

Quadruple Claws on the Burning Savannah! :) I made no progress on this tribe yet. Literally just created the world, took screenshots of the creatures and exited. 

The ports are Oasis, Swampy Hill, and Grass Adventure. Their offspring and future generations would be great for the oasis. Lots of claws and fishing tails on these guys!

711592725_Screenshot(525).thumb.png.1692380aa7b663850143541a6c99d6d4.png392940966_Screenshot(524).thumb.png.2d84e12b66b1cec4a6704515fb14d2b4.png

Slot4.nichesave

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sure! Maybe this will help. 

If you are still having trouble I might be able to help, no guarantees though :)

If you find the savefile folder, simply paste the new file into an empty slot. BUT it has to be the same slot. You cannot put my Slot4 savefile before Slot3 or it won't work. If Your Slot 4 is already taken, copy the savefile and move it to a different folder to save it. Then delete the original and insert the new file. 

• Like 2

Here's how I got there. I have a Windows 10 (i think)

I open up a random folder on the desktop. Then I look along the sidebar and click "This PC."

There should be a Windows (C:) icon that you click. Then you keep clicking folders, following the order above.

One other thing that may be important is, if you look along the top of the finder view, click "View" and check the box that says "Hidden Folders." 

(Sorry for the late reply. It's my sister's birthday!)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

I open up a random folder on the desktop. Then I look along the sidebar and click "This PC."

There should be a Windows (C:) icon that you click. Then you keep clicking folders, following the order above.

One other thing that may be important is, if you look along the top of the finder view, click "View" and check the box that says "Hidden Folders." 

Alright! I'll try. And say happy birthday for me!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

This is the only thing that comes up.

aouch.PNG

27 minutes ago, alyssa1864 said:

This is the only thing that comes up.

aouch.PNG

I think you are going down the wrong path.  The Mac path for SAVEfiles is this:

~/Library/Application Support/unity.Team Niche.Niche - a genetics survival game/Saves

you may have been following the LOGfiles path.

• Like 1

Just now, alyssa1864 said:

OMG IT WORKS-

IM IN THE SAVE YOu SEnT

screAMS-

Yay!!! That kind of stuff is super important if you want to back up a savefile. For example if you want to use the console, which can have some huge bugs that can crash the game, you go back to that hidden folder and copy the save you are going to experiment on. Then you put the copy in a safe place so if you get stuck at night for example (one of the major console bugs) you can delete the save and put the backup back into its slot!

It came in very handy for my sister. She was playing a save and accidentally took only one nicheling on a port to a new island. Thanks to a backup, (and me for finding the folder! lol) she did not lose much progress at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

Yay!!! That kind of stuff is super important if you want to back up a savefile. For example if you want to use the console, which can have some huge bugs that can crash the game, you go back to that hidden folder and copy the save you are going to experiment on. Then you put the copy in a safe place so if you get stuck at night for example (one of the major console bugs) you can delete the save and put the backup back into its slot!

It came in very handy for my sister. She was playing a save and accidentally took only one nicheling on a port to a new island. Thanks to a backup, (and me for finding the folder! lol) she did not lose much progress at all. 

Hey, mind if I send you a save I have on right now? It is an Adam's Journey, and so far it has over 20 Nichelings.

• Like 1

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

Yes please!! I tried story mode once but I rushed it too much, and was not satisfied at all. :/

screams-

I copied the save file, now it won't let me past it.

I'm getting angry on how confusing this process is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alyssa1864 said:

There's the file! And thanks for helping me.

NP! I'm not able to use my computer right now but I'll be sure to play it a bit later!

I'll also send you some of my saves if you want!

I have an archipelago birbs save, and some other grass adventure saves, including one with the descendants of my avatar, Feldspar. None have a ton of food, all have way too many creatures, but they are not starving to death either. When I get back home I can send you some if you want.