Stray Fawn Community

Drone plagiarism?

faytleingod499

I created a sumo drone that won a tournament and uploaded it. I later fought my drone in the tournament that was under someone else's name. I don't know if they downloaded it then won a tournament then the bot got uploaded as theirs but it wasn't nice seeing someone getting credit for the drone I built. I uploaded it for people to use but something should be implemented to give credit to the original builder.

• Like 1

That's fine. I don't think anyone did it maliciously, just something I noticed. As far as the digger drone is concerned, it has the right weapons on my build, but I have noticed on occasion with downloaded drones that sometimes it changes the weapon type. I will reupload it to see if it fixes the issue.

P.S. I was just surprised it showed up under a different name and then sad when I got defeated by my own drone. 

Edited by faytleingod499
Afterthoughts

From what I notice, it's mostly a meme on the discord server to bring awareness on how dated the sumo is versus the recent Steam Workshop thing by using a drone strong enough for people to say "nerf angular momentum". Hopefully doesn't cause any rushed changes, and thanks for being in the alpha with us. Really excited to see how Blender gets taken out legitimately. o/

Gliders are smart Dodgers
Pushers are smart Rammers
and Spinners are basically mtfkn Center seekers but with cringe
I've contacted with Micha and luckily he started working on changing the system how sumo drones workshop will work
copying drones online is pretty hard to make it flawless on the first try

Nimbatus_GIF_201809091311477250.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OmegaDeltaZero said:

I've contacted with Micha and luckily he started working on changing the system how sumo drones workshop will work

This could practically replace my entire guide

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OmegaDeltaZero said:

Yeah ive managed to modify my pusher to beat it now. I originally created the blender to take out another spinner called the Sawblade. that thing was pure cancer.

Nimbatus_GIF_201809091108119412.gif

• Like 1