Stray Fawn Community

New Heads

MysticTopaz

I've got three ideas for you, with pictures!

#1: Glamour Maw! This is my idea for an angler fish inspired head! It doesn't give any smelling ability, but it does allow underwater breathing, +1 fishing, and attracts fish. The bulb is the same color as the eyes, which are solid with no whites or pupils.

B2199E13C96655691041EE7D33A131BC3F175A8E

#2: Sticky Tongue! This is my idea to combat the insect swarms; it gives the normal +2 smelling and allows you to use the gather option on insect swarms. I took inspiration from frogs and anteaters <3

3755CE782AAC9F64067E7BD5F9F1B46A08FE2D96

#3: Strong Beak! This is my idea based on the Gila Woodpecker! It gives the ability to collect from cacti without getting hurt, and adds +1 strength! No smelling, though.

1D20CF92888AB00D3A8FCD5CAB83DAC5DB827C16

#4: Tusk Mouth This is my idea based on wild boar! It gives the normal +2 smelling, as well as +1 digging and +1 strength.

BF1204B0394E67E019ABEE3306B44C4D2A7DF172

#5: Clever Jaw This is my idea for a new head based on ants! Thanks to the AntsCanada channel on YouTube, I've discovered the wonderful world of ants, and I've fallen in love with these tiny geniuses! Thus, I thought it would be awesome to make a nicheling head based off of their jaw-centered skills! The Clever Jaw adds +1 gathering, +1 cracking, +1 digging, +1 strength, and has no smelling ability, since ants smell with their antennae, which I think would make for a great horn slot option. Instead of a horn adding strength, the antennae could add +2 smelling like a normal snout's nose would!

02D6B555684174E43D9ABA73A91F10DCCB2E2AB5

#6: Grabber Gob This is my idea for a head that's actually based on another suggestion of mine: Crarks! They're crocodile sharks xD But anyway, the Grabber Gob adds +2 smelling, +1 strength, underwater breathing, and the Grab/Grapple ability, which allows the nicheling to hold its prey still to keep it from running away while it's being attacked, but at the expense of becoming the prey's sole target for attacks. Example: Six nichelings surround a walrusdeer with one of them having Grabber Gob. The walrus deer, held in place by the Grabber Gob nicheling, is attacked by all six, but it focuses all its attacks on the nicheling holding it.

5406FBC179B3D0975AF1819AB5C5F72B2F02E955

*Bonus Points if you can tell me what all their visible genetics are!*

• Like 5
  • Love 1

New three heads are cool. Wouldn't mind some insectile traits, since I've always been fond of things like mantis' and bees and such. The grabber gob just looks awesome. And the tusk mouth is something I'm surprised we haven't seen already.

I agree, I just feel like the insectile traits probably shouldn't look too alien, hence why Clever Jaw looks catlike as well as antlike in hopes the developers will feel warmer to it lol! And thank you; Grabber Gob has swiftly become my favorite- If I had to choose just one of these to be put into the game, although I love Clever Jaw a whole lot, I'd choose Grabber Gob because I think it's beyond adorable. <3 As for the Tusk Mouth, I know it's been suggested more than once in the past by more than just myself (Heck, in my New Tails thread here you can see one of my old drawings of a Tusk Mouth suggestion) and I'm a little surprised it hasn't been added yet.

Oooh I really want a necheling with sticky tongue now! (just all *Mleh!*  ;D ). And I really like that grabber gob: just looks so happy! like a puppy that's so excited to be outside.

Thank you! ^^ Every time I look at Sticky Tongue I hear the Mario character Yoshi's little "MLEM!" noise lol. And while I love all these faces, I gotta say Grabber Gob has stolen my heart with that excited expression xD

• 6 months later...

I love AC and this post, I also made an idea that would go well with your clever jaw, it is called ant gaster, in females it gives the following

Ant gaster(tail in females)

+4 fertility

-2 in all movement based stats

+1 defense

+ venomous(because of stingers)

+ double birth(gives birth twice with one successful mating session)

In males it gives:

Ant gaster(tail in males)

+2 fertility

+2 defense

+distressful scent(when a predator is nearby, it goes off and gives a notification; a <insert predator name> is nearby!)

unlock conditions: breed 150 times and unlock Clever jaw

and also legs to boot

Chitinous hind legs(like a crab or ant maybe, hind legs)

+1 defense

+1 speed

+1 swimming

-1 cold resistance

unlock conditions: Walk around 50 times with clever jaw

and also pincer paws

Pincer paw

+1 attack

+1 defense(per pair)

+1 cracking

+1 knockback per pair(knocks opponent backwards that number of tiles opposite where the creature is)

unlock conditions: walk 50 times on a beach with chitinous hind legs and eat 5 coconuts

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

I love AC and this post, I also made an idea that would go well with your clever jaw, it is called ant gaster, in females it gives the following

Ant gaster(tail in females)

+4 fertility

-2 in all movement based stats

+1 defense

+ venomous(because of stingers)

+ double birth(gives birth twice with one successful mating session)

In males it gives:

Ant gaster(tail in males)

+2 fertility

+2 defense

+distressful scent(when a predator is nearby, it goes off and gives a notification; a <insert predator name> is nearby!)

unlock conditions: breed 150 times and unlock Clever jaw

and also legs to boot

Chitinous hind legs(like a crab or ant maybe, hind legs)

+1 defense

+1 speed

+1 swimming

-1 cold resistance

unlock conditions: Walk around 50 times with clever jaw

and also pincer paws

Pincer paw

+1 attack

+1 defense(per pair)

+1 cracking

+1 knockback per pair(knocks opponent backwards that number of tiles opposite where the creature is)

unlock conditions: walk 50 times on a beach with chitinous hind legs and eat 5 coconuts

Ant Love Forever! :D 

I think you're going in the right direction, but perhaps I could offer a few tweaks to be a little more realistic? :) 

For the Ant Gaster tail, the thing about ants is, males don't live for very long- they only exist to mate and then die. I could see having an Ant Gaster on a male halving his lifespan but increasing his fertility by 4, however I can't see doing that for the female. It seems like the gaster you're looking at for females is that of a queen, which I suppose makes sense- Nichelings could be likened to a species of ants that have gamergates instead of queens so that all of them are fertile but the vast majority do not reproduce. However even then I can't see adding fertility to them because females live much longer than males, especially the queens. I also disagree with the negative points toward movement; an ant's gaster doesn't inhibit their movement speed in real life, it's just like a human torso, holding their organs. To them it's weightless. I love the 'double birth' idea which slightly mirrors the real life storage of sperm for the ant's foreseeable lifetime, though I'm unsure of whether or not they would actually implement it into the game. I might be able to see the developers allowing this tail to always give twins and sometimes triplets, though, as it could offer up the possibility of having too many babies at once and creating a lack of food resources, thus balancing the tail's good effects with the possible repercussions. I also have to admit that the defense could do with a minor nerf, since this tail is already giving a lot of things whereas most tails only provide one thing. Personally I don't mind no defense at all, but just for you I'll keep each having + 1 defense. Thus, for my edits to your idea, see below:

Female Gaster:
+1 Defense
+1 Venomous
+ Replacing possibilities of offspring [instead of always 1 baby with the possibility of twins, it's always twins with the possibility of triplets]

Male Gaster:
+1 Defense

+1 Venomous
+4 Fertility
- Half of the nicheling's lifespan [cannot be regained from purring or eating healing fruit]

And to top it off, I'm going to offer my own Gaster possibility that is at once realistic and bending the realism at the same time. Why? Because I will be foregoing the mating aspects for instead a worker-replete aspect instead. Because often I have pretty males that I would rather not lose to a halved lifespan just to trade for a higher fertility. How does the Food Storage and Trophallaxis work, you ask? Simple: Food Storage allows for that nicheling to store however much food there is in the +, so for females it'd be storing 1 point of food, while males store 5 points of food, and at the end of the day, instead of reducing the food on the main tribe counter, they first reduce food from their gaster. If they haven't picked up any food that day, or received any through Trophallaxis, they will take from the main tribe counter. As for Trophallaxis, those nichelings that can use it can select a button on a fellow Trophallaxis-having nicheling in order to gain or give their stored food. For females, this means she gives up her one point of food to give to the female who has no points of food stored. However, more ideally, you would have a male and four females- the male would have five food points stored, and would be able to give one food point to each of the four females while still having one food point for himself. As Repletes [males] could potentially be born unable to move at all, this would make the nest-making ability much more useful, as having a Replete baby in a permanent nest basically destroys your possibility of using that nest until the Replete dies, whereas if you have a Replete in a hand-made nest, you can just pick up the material after you have the baby. And y'know, I like my idea so much that I'm going to post it in the current Feature Requests section XD You're free to post your own Gaster idea there, too! Ours are so radically different that no one should have a problem with two separate gaster posts.

Worker Gaster [female only]:
+1 Venomous
+1 Food Storage 
+ Trophallaxis [active only with Clever Jaw]

Replete Gaster [male only]:
+1 Venomous
-5 Movement [if there's not enough land speed, it reduces swim and/or flying as well]
+5 Food Storage
+ Trophallaxis [active only with Clever Jaw]

As for the hind leg idea, I like it, but allow me to make an addition: Climbing. Ant legs are specialized all-terrain transportation, so I feel it'd make sense to give them a Climbing ability in order to sit wherever flying nichelings can sit. So your lineup would look like this:

Chitinous Hind Legs:
+1 Defense
+1 Speed
+1 Swimming
+1 Climbing
-1 Cold Resistance

I have nothing to add to Pincer Paw; it's perfect~! :D 

• Like 2