Stray Fawn Community

MULTIPLAYER

MARO445

8 replies to this post

This is easy for someone to say but making it is no easy feat. You have to consider, you want them ONLY on the same planet with you or on the same save and they move around indepenently. And once you are in the planet they can join you. You have to have a very specific idea of what you want. I think if possible they would love to implement Multiplayer but the way it will work is to be discussed.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 3:58 PM, Micha said:

Adding Multiplayer would be cool, but requires a major rework of the game. Therefore it's not planned for the near future.

Is there a chance you'll have autonomous ship combat?  Having some pre-set arenas would be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OsoMoore said:

Is there a chance you'll have autonomous ship combat?  Having some pre-set arenas would be a lot of fun.

Yes this is something we promised during our kickstarter :) They will work similar to the sumo tournament but inside a larger arena and with weapons and traps

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 7:14 PM, STM said:

Autonomous drones can combat each other in the sumo arena. So asynchronous pvp-multiplayer is already possible with uploaded drones and sumo.

But yeah... That feels a bit like chess by mail. 😁

I meant with weapons.  Sumo is cool, but I want to fire rockets at people.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:34 AM, Micha said:

Yes this is something we promised during our kickstarter :) They will work similar to the sumo tournament but inside a larger arena and with weapons and traps

Exactly!  And I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

It's generally accepted that adding real-time multiplayer takes triples the time and money required for release, if I remember correctly, just to give you a point of reference for what it actually means to the devs.