Stray Fawn Community

Multiple islands in one save file

Stormwolf2018

Bearyena with me here.

So what if you could have multiple islands in one save? It would be the cross islands symbol next to the settings that you click and select island 1, 2 or 3. Then after the loading screen, you get to the other islands. You could name them by hovering over the day counter and selecting the change name icon.

You could start normally, but if you didn’t move all of your nichelings when you island hopped, a new island would be saved. You could then switch between them and send nichelings back and forth- each would have their own food and nest material counter, and you could send supplies back and forth. It would be good for kingdoms and that, also different biomes- you could have one for food and one for exploring (eg snowy islands, etc.) When you wanted to travel, the icon would say:

To Island 1 (default)

or whatever you named it.

hope this made sense...

what do you think?

• Like 5

6 replies to this post

Sounds great to me.

I had the same thought a while back, but got stuck on one issue.

At some point the increased amount of grinding just becomes tedious. Sure, sacrifices must be made for roleplaying, say, Warriors style, but it should still be fun. 

That is why I'd solve it by freezing an island; passing the day on one would not pass the day on others. 

But that is quite unrealistic... and I am still stuck with that in mind. What do you propose?

• Like 2

i think this is a fun idea. and maybe if you could change the day on one island but not the other but you would have to catch up with the one you didn't change the day on before you could send nichelings or resources or unlocked genes between the islands. i feel like this would definitely be a big feature XD.

• Like 3

Like the idea, do you want it movedti feature requests?

Also, I like Dogs idea, you can only interact with the other islands, after you have sort of passed the day on every single one. Like you are finished on island 1 and click the day passer, but nothing happens until you have done the same with the two other islands, then you can get the option to choose to send resources back and forth for the new day (probably with a sort of hovering view over all islands to see what you need where) and then the day skips on all islands and you can start anew.

It still could be very grindy, having bigger islands might be easier, but if we had automated actions that might solve it as well :)

• Like 2

On 9/24/2018 at 9:14 AM, Jojo said:

Like the idea, do you want it movedti feature requests?

Also, I like Dogs idea, you can only interact with the other islands, after you have sort of passed the day on every single one. Like you are finished on island 1 and click the day passer, but nothing happens until you have done the same with the two other islands, then you can get the option to choose to send resources back and forth for the new day (probably with a sort of hovering view over all islands to see what you need where) and then the day skips on all islands and you can start anew.

It still could be very grindy, having bigger islands might be easier, but if we had automated actions that might solve it as well :)

Could you move it to feature requests? Thank you x

Yep, I think that’s a good idea with the day passer, I hadn’t thought about that!

On 9/24/2018 at 1:46 AM, DogCatCowPig said:

i think this is a fun idea. and maybe if you could change the day on one island but not the other but you would have to catch up with the one you didn't change the day on before you could send nichelings or resources or unlocked genes between the islands. i feel like this would definitely be a big feature XD.

Thank you xx I didn’t think about unlocking genes- maybe you could choose if you wanted to be able to unlock them on all islands or not? 🤔

• Like 1