Stray Fawn Community

Gene dominance on yellow and purple eyes

Jojo

11 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

According to the Niche Wiki, yellow is dominant over violet eyes.

image.png.f24064863baf816eba9909dd8b30b9c5.png

Maybe it isn't a bug? What do the parent's genes look like, if those two creatures are siblings and come from the same parents?

How do their parents genes have anything to do with it? I mean if yellow eyes are supposed to be dominant then they should always be dominant right? *slightly confused*

20 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

I always thought this was normal. It could easily be a bug, but I always thought of it as the genes being of the same dominance level. This way the actual gene presented would be random.

Yeah, I thought about that too but since it was a bug for the snouts (poison fangs and bearyena snout which used to switch around as well) I assumed it would be a bug for the eyes as well

On 9/25/2018 at 7:43 PM, Goggles-kun said:

Or perhaps seventh grade science was wrong

Excuse me as I go work on my Seventh Grade science essay on the guy who discovered genetics... (I really am about to do that!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Excuse me as I go work on my Seventh Grade science essay on the guy who discovered genetics... (I really am about to do that!)

Hopefully it's a good essay about Gregor Mendel... We didn't have to write essays in science ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

• 3 months later...