Stray Fawn Community

Halloween

Goggles-kun

Halloween isn't really a big thing in my town/ home country (Germany). It is quite rare to find people just wandering the streets dressed up, though you can find some halloween parties. So I am not going as anything. My sister will probably dress up, though she hasn't deciced what she'll be yet ^^

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Oh yeah, Halloween one of my absolute favorite holidays! I’m going as Specimen 6 from Spooky’s Jumpscare Mansion this year. Here’s a picture of Specimen 6: 442168B7-61E6-499E-A696-66DA80C065C4.png.8b62c6e42e36dbfee5202f4ce8842681.png

Holy wow that is some nightmare fuel there 😨

• Like 4

Well here only few kids celebrate Halloween, because we have our own version of halloween, it happens on 2 days one day people dress up as male peasants and other as female peasants. Then you go sing a song and wish good luck and people will give candy for that :D . 

But on halloween il try to dress up as close to V from "V for Vendetta"

v-for-vendetta-FEAT.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

We commonly don't celebrate halloween at all in Austria 😅.

We have a horned devil and saint that "bring" sweets to children. 

Do you celebrate Karneval in Austria?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jojo said:

Yeah. It's often a really big affair for some people and many don't care at all (except for the Krapfen...) on Fasching.  In the city they march through the streets in way bigger numbers.

Customs may vary a lot, but that one is a "holiday" you could miss. What you can not miss, however, is the freakish custom of setting a strawman on fire and throwing him in the local river, after parading him around the whole damn town. 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Jojo said:

17 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

Yeah. It's often a really big affair for some people and many don't care at all (except for the Krapfen...) on Fasching.  In the city they march through the streets in way bigger numbers.

Customs may vary a lot, but that one is a "holiday" you could miss. What you can not miss, however, is the freakish custom of setting a strawman on fire and throwing him in the local river, after parading him around the whole damn town. 

In America we just go to people's houses in costume and rob their candy, your customs seem more savage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

Haha okay. I live pretty close to one of the major karneval celebration cities so it is really hard to miss it.

People just dress up as anything that strikes them fancy (drink a lot of alcohol) and get candy thrown at them when the big 'parades' are and scream 'Kamelle!'

Setting a strawman on fire sounds fun though ^^

• Like 2