Stray Fawn Community

Some simple (I hope) features

Crossing

Two quick suggestions  which may have already been made but I have not seen. 

First is custom parts. Allowing for creating line a chain of batteries and having it available for other drones also like a laser wheel or rocket  wheel.

Second single part editing and rotation mostly,  oops put a block facing the wrong way but have over 100 parts connected allow for rotation of just that part. Mostly the balance sensors

Other suggestions that I have seen is multi part selection, multi link have one part linked to two parts for more stable builds (maybe just a new part that does this so it doesn't change the current system much), and a link optimizer select a series of parts and link them together in the most efficient way possible.

• Like 3

8 replies to this post

37 minutes ago, Crossing said:

First is custom parts. Allowing for creating line a chain of batteries and having it available for other drones also like a laser wheel or rocket  wheel.

Let there Macros!👍

• Like 1

Not sure if I got what you mean by custom parts :) But I really like the idea that you can rotate parts without rotating the attached parts. Would love to see that as well. Maybe when you hold a certain key, the rotation gets not applied to the attached ones.

1 hour ago, Markus said:

Not sure if I got what you mean by custom parts :)

I think he means being able to take a group of parts and instead of copy and pasting them, save them so that you can paste them later, possibly in another drone. So if you have a particular group of parts that you like using (like a factory block that produce a large missile), you don't have to make it from scratch every time you want to add it to a new drone.

If that isn't what he means, then consider adding it anyway, because that will be very useful for those of us that like to reuse ideas/configurations from previous drones.

• Like 4

Ah, interesting. Yes, that sounds really useful. I was also thinking of having something like area where you can deposit small constructions and leave them there to re-organize things and then use them instead of always parenting them to other parts so that you don't lose them.

• Like 1

Marker is right about what I meant,  also can't believe I forgot to also ask for the option to use tags instead of key bindings for some of the parts (not that I am going to run out of keys but makes designing a whole lot neater