Stray Fawn Community

Game does not save

Albedo

Hey,

i asked help for this bug 2 days ago in discord, but nothing helped so im telling my story here now.

Basically i play the game , make few ships , do missions and such and then boom game doesnt save, but still shows me "slot 1 [3 hours and 50 minutes played] " but nothing is saved in it. 

In discord someone told me to exit out of the game properly "You gotta fully exit out of even the galaxy chart into the opening menu to fully save." 

Eventho im doing that it does not help. 

version 0.5.7

Included "save" file

Slot1.nSave

• Like 1

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately I'm not well versed enough for helping in this special case.

Can you try to make a new savegame in one of the remaining slots if you have one (slot 2 or 3), quickly build a drone there, quit and see if the saving works in this slot? Maybe the saveslot 1 got somehow corrupted. But let's check first if it's a general problem. Thank you for your patience!

Hey :)

To find the cause of this I need to see the logfile. Would be great if you can upload it too.

You can find it here:

• Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\LocalLow\Nimbatus\Nimbatus
  • Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Nimbatus/Nimbatus/Player.log

It looks like our Zip Library does not support Baltic encoding. 
Can you please test if you can create a drone and export it to a *.drn file and then import it again? We use another Zip Method for the drone.

If this works then we could change it to use this for the savefiles too.

• Like 1