Stray Fawn Community

Are walrus deer retarded?

thivid08

Well, this was what I thinked after watching some of jessimew's videos. The walrus deer just walk into the nicheling's greedy paws and no matter how many times they are attacked, they keep coming back! Do they have a fear stat? Why do they tend towander into nichelings? Also, what goes trough the mind of the ramfoxes? They dont seem to be too fierce, Its as if they only liked hunting bunnies.

• Like 3

Maybe they can't feel pain but are just a little bit skittish.

No, but really, it kind of forces your hand to make them that way as a foodsource. But you know that. 

I keep wondering what they eat in the killer mountains. Those plants for nestern material? The pine trees? That's never going to be enough...

Maybe they wait till your nichelings die and eat the corpse. That would explain a thing or three.

Wanderers would be their usual supplementary diet, and not strong enough to do much damage on average.

Aside from that, there are quite some around, so they reproduce quickly and can take a risk. I'd be nice to have some game-lore. Just some non-nightmare inducing stuff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

Maybe they can't feel pain but are just a little bit skittish.

No, but really, it kind of forces your hand to make them that way as a foodsource. But you know that. 

I keep wondering what they eat in the killer mountains. Those plants for nestern material? The pine trees? That's never going to be enough...

Maybe they wait till your nichelings die and eat the corpse. That would explain a thing or three.

Wanderers would be their usual supplementary diet, and not strong enough to do much damage on average.

Aside from that, there are quite some around, so they reproduce quickly and can take a risk. I'd be nice to have some game-lore. Just some non-nightmare inducing stuff.

Yeah, it would be great to have some lore about the world, and how the dodomingo gods created it! But, about the walrus deer, I think that in the killer mountains they eat clams and clovers, and maybe they follow nichelings hoping to steal a root.

• Like 1

Well, my walrus deer sometimes run of into the water which is super annyoing and they also defend themselves when you surround them on every tile with a Nicheling so maybe their fear stat isn't so high because of that?

Ram foxes can be quite dangerous for weak, isolated Nichelings as Random Wanderer said

• Like 3

On 10/7/2018 at 3:33 PM, Goggles-kun said:

I don't think they're retarded, but maybe their programming is a bit broken. 'Cause I remember when you attacked Walrus deer, they would attack back.

The only other thing I remembered was that Walrus deer looked dorky

I think they made the walrus deer to act like a regular deer, will run if it has the chance but will attack if isolated like Jojo said.

• Like 4