Stray Fawn Community

Let factory parts start unprinted

Marker Mage

Could we get an option for factory parts that toggles whether the parts attached to them will be there when the mission starts? Some of the autonomous things that I want to print with factory blocks have thrusters on them and I would appreciate being able to just not have them there until I'm ready to print and release rather than releasing them underneath the Nimbatus or trying to fly with them still attached.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 replies to this post

10 hours ago, Lurkily said:

Also, as a printer prints, do not print parts that are attached to the factories it prints.

But would the primary factory part still count the parts attached to a printed factory part in recharge time for printing, or would it just have the printed factory part printed with an empty meter so that it'll handle the recharge time that the primary factory part skipped over?

Regardless, I think maybe a "spawn with pre-printed parts" option could handle both the initial spawn in the level and the spawn when newly printed by another factory part.

No, don't count children of a printed factory in the parent factory's build time.  Only count it as part of the printed factory's build time.  I don't think all factories need to start with empty meters, but PRINTED factories probably should.  New factories are manufactured for a mission and can come prepared to print, but brand-new factories aren't that way.  

• Like 1

Agreed.  Starting without being pre-printed makes sense, and it also makes it simple; it's just the factory's default state.  There's less development time needed to polish the settings and the UI that way, time that can be reinvested in more features.

This is also a tracker, so implemented suggestions are still here, to track completion.  I'm this case, it was implemented yesterday.  You'll notice in the topic listing,  this topic had a green checkmark -- that indicates that the feature is now implemented.