Stray Fawn Community

Batteries and Factories not behaving as intended

Just the Nib

Batteries are acting weird in my setup, they work as intended until you decouple the mini-drone from the factory, then it acts wirelessly to the mini-drone attached to the factory block.

(first 30s are to show expected behaviour and also to let the main factory block recharge)

I attached the save.

-------------------------------------------TESTING--------------------------2.drn

• Like 1

@Just the Nib: Interesting. I'm not sure if I get your intention right. If I see that correctly, what you want is that the fuel tanks should decouple and then the magnet should push it away? (nice idea btw!) After you decoupled your ship, I see that the magnet turned off, so I think that is the reason they don't get pushed away anymore. 

Not sure if that is the thing you meant :) If it's something different, please tell me again, so I can look more deeply into it, thanks for posting a video!

So whenever I decouple the build from the main factory block my batteries stop powering the rest of that section as if cut off from the batteries but it is all still physically connected, whenever I print a new copy of the build it is pulling power wirelessly (which was removed from the game a while ago if I recall) from the previous copies of the build. 

Essentially making it pointless to have this be attached to a printer because it stops functioning due to some bug most likely.

• Like 1

Ah, of course, sorry for not noticing it. Yes, the batteries of course should work. We'll check the drone when we're back in the office next week and try to debug and see where's the problem :) 

Thank you for the additional explanation and your patience :) 

• Like 1