Stray Fawn Community

Factory created independent drones relay their commands to each other even

Baka Red

.. with a Logic Splitter.

Version: 0.5.7 Early Access

I build the bomb factory prototype intending to use dozens of independent bombs to take down the whole planet. Problem is that the drones relay their commands to each other even with the null gate present. So when one autonomous bomb detects an enemy and wishes to explode, the bomb that I just created at the factory also explodes. Nice explosions, but I don't like the results. ;) Is there something wrong with my build (I don't see the problem, but I am still a newbie), or is this a bug?

Additionally I think I saw weird powerups happening; it seemed like mini-bomb-drone engine power was increased for each mini-bomb-drone created from factory. (It seems that the engines of the autonomous mini bombs are more powerful than I realized)

Final Edit: I guess I just needed one more Logic Splitter there for that to work. I didn't test that yet though. I gotta sleep occasionally. ;)

Bomb Factory.drn

• Like 1

Does it work now with the logic splitter for you? The logic is wireless, so unless you split it off, it will be shared.
We currently have a known bug where the energy gets shared between subdrones printed with the factory part. We're working on a fix for this.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 4:23 PM, Micha said:

Does it work now with the logic splitter for you? The logic is wireless, so unless you split it off, it will be shared.
We currently have a known bug where the energy gets shared between subdrones printed with the factory part. We're working on a fix for this.

Yep, it works fine with a splitter between the factory and the drone. Newbie mistake.

Thanks for the game btw - it is a game that makes me enjoy logic again, allows me to be creative and includes problem solving. And if you want to, you can even have serious pew pew power on the ships, or have Exterminatus happen. Lots of stuff to do. Keep up the good work! :)

Edit; Btw, I didn't actually test it, but I did similar builds with other drones and they worked fine.

Edited by Baka Red
Some extra info.
  • Like 2