Stray Fawn Community

Tnt on the tech tree

Fire209

Make upgrades like shaped explosives, or elemental tnt, or increased radius, increased damage, a knockback effect, make it do less damage in general, or just to your drone, make it's damage stack even better with other tnt, almost like a multiplicative effect.

• Like 1

16 replies to this post

Shape charges are brutal.  Slowmo guys did a video of a shape charge in super slow motion; the blast was accurate enough to fire from a gun.  Went through a safe door from a foot away, left a hole the size of a dime, and punched through a water barrel several feet further on.  You could almost shoot it like a gun if you weren't blowing your hands off.

I am all for concussion charges, by the by - force, but no direct damage - as well as an array of TNT upgrades.  TNT, shields, fuel, a lot of systems need upgrades.

Ideally, really, I would have wanted every block to have a construction system like weapons; but right now weapons are a different thing than every other block, so I'm not sure it's possible.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, Micha said:

Unrelated to the TnT, but having an option that the decoupler explodes after the work is done, sounds nice. 

Having TNT in the tech tree would expand possibilities A LOT 

-shape upgrade (square,triangle,customizable per tnt rectangle for precise work ;) , and half circle)

-explode only decoupled parts

-damage upgrade and downgrade

-Explosion size upgrade and downgrade

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ManTheMister said:

Just add all of the things in the weapons tab (TNT, drill, saw, etc.) to the tech tree. that way upgrades (digging, damage, energy, explosion radius) could be shared.

I actually tought of that while writing the above message 😂

Unfortunately,  upgradable weapons are apparently inherently different from other blocks; it was a while ago that I was told that, but nothing I see indicates that this has changed. 

Just throwing them on the tech tree isn't as simple as it sounds - but I would still like to see it happen. 

I just quickly want to welcome @GizmosBoon. Cool that you come here over from the Steam forums :) 

Quick note: Using parts will probably work differently in the new campaign mode. So parts which are overpowered (TNT ;)) might still be overpowered, but you are limited in their usage, so that balances it to some extend xD 

Having more options to make TNT more useful sounds interesting. We added a modifiable radius for the TNT in one of the last updates. Let's see what other useful things we can add there :) 

12 hours ago, Markus said:

Let's see what other useful things we can add there :) 

What is more useful than antimatter? Or, if the former is not available for reasons ranging from technical limitations to dull science, a fantastic cake with one layer uranium 235 and explosives, a second layer lithium, plutonium, uranium 235, then another layer like the former, with ten times the toppings. In that order, and with a big red button reading "Happy Birthday".

Given these aliens' skills in rebuilding planets from the void up after I meticulously disintegrated them, I am absolutely sure they will not mind this sort of study either. For science!

• Haha 1

I definitely see the value for different kinds of TNT. Imagine using cryo-tnt for those damn volcanos xD Good ideas here ^^

(insta-dirt sounds super op xD. either use it as a wall for protection, or burying enemies in dirt and let the physics engine squash them to death xD )

Cryo-TNT for volcanoes, bio-TNT to cover up some turrets while you hurry away with toxic cans, plasma to light torches, kinetic for shield generators.

Grenade launchers cut through dirt like butter, and dirt won't actually hurt anything except yourself, so maybe dirtballs aren't as OP as they sound?  I'm sure it'd be loathed in PvP if there was ever a PvP with weapons.