Stray Fawn Community

Enemy tracking

Jeroeno_Boy

So if you are like me and like big powerfull guns, then you probably wanted an auto aiming turred with fixed weapons (you probably didnt but i want k dont judge me) in the sumo arena the directional ball can track the other enemie. but why not in the other missions?

Requirements:

- Beeing able to set the sensor to attack closest, furthest, weakest or strongest (doenst track hives, only things that can shoot back)

- Must have clear line of sight

- has a changable range of about 5 - 40 meters

- has 3 outpust: turn left, right and shoot

• Like 2

8 replies to this post

Good idea about having the Directional sensor target dowards the closest enemy. Upvote.

Actually, there are some people who build self-aiming turrets with logic parts. Maybe that's an interesting challenge if you want :) 

• Like 1

Agreed on this, directional tracking of nearest hostile enemy, hostile hive, nearest ore have all been on my wishlist since the closed alpha.  Updooted.

Actually, what about working this into a specialized turret mount?  Basically a hinge with directional-sensor style target tracking?  I wouldn't require more than left, right, and tolerance. (If your tracking is within tolerance, then you just fire, and who cares if you're in range.  If you need more discretion, tack on sensors.)

Man, I would love a hinge with a built-in directional sensor.  That sensor is just too much of a beast to put on a hinge and have it work well.

• Like 1

I think that it would be a helpful feature for directional sensors to be able to aim towards enemies. Right now, the sensors can aim towards sumo enemies, but not normal. This makes it so that auto aimers and fighters very complicated.