Stray Fawn Community

Snake egg bugg

Jeroeno_Boy

Thanks! We could not test enough planets to see if our system works flawlessly. We have to add systems to check if the mission is possible and adjust it accordingly :) Thank you for posting the planet/system/galaxy!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this save is a immigrated one from [0.5.8] but this still shouldn't happen.

The planet Piwexy has a unbeatable destroy the eggs mission, you are supposed top destroy 10 eggs but only 9 are available.
I eviscerated the planet multiple times and there are really only 9 eggs.

Please add a simple sanity check to prove that missions are possible to beat.

Cheers Faul

Slot1.nimbatusSaveGame

Slot1.nimbatusSaveGame.Meta

Slot1.nSave

Slot1.nSave.Meta

Merged a few topics; Mr. Faul's adds the second planet to the roster, and is recent as of this posting.  (0.5.9 using a save imported from 0.5.8)

3 hours ago, MrFaul said:

Ok this save is a immigrated one from [0.5.8] but this still shouldn't happen.

MrFaul, did you permit the game to start you on a new galaxy for the new version, or were you continuing in your 0.5.8 galaxy until going through the next wormhole? It might be a corrected problem that persisted because you were using the worlds generated by 0.5.8.  I'm not certain that's how any of this works, but it seems reasonable to ask.

I agree that this would be ideal; but if the methods for generating it can't catch it, then the methods for checking it might fail as well. 

I just don't know if it will be important in evaluating the issue to know both what version generated it, as well as what version presented it.  Thanks for clearing that up.

We have a lot of duplicate issues, so I'm seeing if I can clean things up.  This is more of a tracking system than a discussion forum, so it'll help the devs to keep it neater.  Feel free to message me if you find duplicate concepts, I'll take a look at whether to merge them.

We will address those problems  in the next update. Sometimes it fails to spawn something because it does not find a suitable place, but the mission is not updated afterwards.
The mission goals should be dynamically updated to require to destroy 9 eggs  if only 9 eggs are available. 

I feel like this may be relevant.  Mission generation should of course still be cautious to be sane, but it would also make it impossible to not have achievable win conditions in these scenarios.