Stray Fawn Community

Good ideas to complete the volcano freezing mission?

Mokkel

The most used strategy so far is either have a really quick ship and zap from volcano to volcano and focus on freezing and ignoring enemies (if you didn't know: you can't ignore the small lava rays. They wont hurt you if you don't attack them :) ) or you can build a ship which can drop detachable minidrones which have coolers on board which freeze their surrounding. Either make 5 of those or use a Factory Part to create as many as you need :) 

Another thing, which is similar to the 2nd method: Create a small detachable drone with spinning freezing weapons and drop those near volcanos  :) 

If you find another creative solution, let us know :) I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Markus said:

The most used strategy so far is either have a really quick ship and zap from volcano to volcano and focus on freezing and ignoring enemies (if you didn't know: you can't ignore the small lava rays. They wont hurt you if you don't attack them :) ) or you can build a ship which can drop detachable minidrones which have coolers on board which freeze their surrounding. Either make 5 of those or use a Factory Part to create as many as you need :) 

Another thing, which is similar to the 2nd method: Create a small detachable drone with spinning freezing weapons and drop those near volcanos  :) 

If you find another creative solution, let us know :) I hope this helps.

Thanks, this helps. I've tried some of those solutions, but I think part of the problem is just that I'm very new to the game 🙂

I'll keep trying and see what works!

• Like 1

Oh, I have an unrelated question by the way!

Is there a way to get rid of the "Intercepted Signal" effect which reduces your thrust while flying a drone with more than 25 parts?

I know you can find the transmitter on the planet and remove it, but that only works for that try. Meaning that if you die afterwards, you have to crawl to the transmitter again, and it's making my drone so slow!

I get that you might want to discourage players from making enormous machines that can clear every mission, but I think the treshold is a bit too low on the effect.

That's of course just my opinion though :)

• Like 1

Hmm, yes, our idea was indeed that we wanted the player to encourage to build/adapt the drone design. If it does not enough, we have to make the effect stronger :) 

Otherwise, yes. you always have to destroy the transmitter again if you restart the mission. You might just "relaunch" a drone, but the planet will be reset every time as well, with that the transmitter and the effect with it :) 

Maybe in the future we'll have a more sandbox version/mode where you can setup/configure such things to your liking :) 

• Like 1